How Much Water Do You Drink?

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just out of curiosity, how much pure water do y'all drink on a daily basis? I try to make myself drink at least one liter to one and a half liters a day. Sometimes I can drink up to 2 liters. I find it's easier if I fill up my large 1 Liter water bottle and keep it by me. I'm lazy and don't like running back to the fridge to keep filling up a cup all day LOL.

junior_j

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am the same lol
i will drink more if i have a bottle with me !
on a hot day i can drink 2-3.5 litres easily.. if i have eaten anything salty i can down 2pints in less them half hour lol!!

I try to drink half a litre before i go to bed!
Jess x

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I always have a 2 ltr bottle at work, and i must drink a litre of it. I have to drink the flavoured water though otherwise i get bored with it
I'll drink about a litre at night when i get home as well

junior_j

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Coolcat lol
its good u drink so much water!

Ice cold water is the best , im not keen on flavoured water unless its fizzy , otherwise it seems dry lol , does that make sense lol!

Jess x

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I dont really like flavored water because it usually has some kind of sugar substitute in it like aspartime. I guess it just makes it taste really artificial. I just don't like the taste of that stuff, it has a weird after flavor. I do like lime in my water though.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I drink at least 2 liters a day. When I am focused on exercise, I can drink up to 4 liters.

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't really pay attention anymore to how much water I drink. I just drink when I'm starting to feel thirsty. But, when I'm exercising or walking, and when I'm traveling, I always have a water bottle handy. I don't drink sweet drinks or soda/pop, but I eat a lot of fresh fruit and get liquids there, too.

When I lived in Texas I probably drank two or three times the amount of water that I drink now! (I'm in a temperate rainforest climate and it's always damp and chilly by the shore, very different from Texas.)

Drinking too much water can be harmful and flush out vitamins and sodium, so I guess you've got to listen to your body.

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm another one who has a water bottle glued to my side!

On a normal work day, I'll refill it usually at least twice, so I drink 3 full bottle fulls. Since it's just over 24 oz (750 ml), I guess that means I drink about 72 ounces (9 cups, wow, didn't realize it was so much!) or 2,250 ml. Then I drink some more at home!

I'm not so good on the weekends, though, I tend to get distracted.

~*regina*~

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Since I started my diet a month ago I drink atleast 1 gallon a day and run to the bathroom 20 times lol.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ~*Regina*~

Since I started my diet a month ago I drink atleast 1 gallon a day and run to the bathroom 20 times lol.
After a while your body should get used to it. I know mine did after a few weeks. But those first few weeks stunk! I've read something somewhere that if you weren't getting enough water before then your body holds onto that water. Once you start regularly getting the amount it needs then it will start releasing the water (this is why you pee so much when you drink lots of water) that it's holding onto. After a while you supposedly shouldn't have to go as much because your body isn't storing it. I think also eating a low sodium diet helps with the body not wanting to store that water. It's something along these lines, but don't quote me.

junior_j

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have not actually drunk any water today , just hot chocolate and a sports drink lol
Jess x

traveler5

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
While at work (9-10 hours) I usally drink only a 9 ounce bottle of water and a 12 ounce can of Coke Zero. I usually drink some water in the morning before work and usually have a class of water, milk, juice or something else for dinner. Then some water after that throughout the evening.

I probably need to drink more fluids.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tons of it! I love water

I don't drink soft drinks at all (haven't had one in over 10 years.) The only things I really drink are water, juice, and sweet tea. Sometimes coffee or hot chocolate too!

I have a cute purple 32oz water bottle that I keep ice water in and drink on throughout the day. I'll usually refill it 2-3 times. I'm always thirsty! (I'm insulin resistant too though so that probably explains me drinking soo much
)

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It depends. I sometimes have to restrict my fluid intake due to fluid retention, but on average about 2 litres per day. About 1/2 of that or even less on days when I restrict my fluids.

whiteforest

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I rarely drink water, maybe a few times a week, but I drink a TON of tea which counts for daily water. I drink iced tea for something cold, otherwise hot tea. And no, I don't add sugar to my tea at all.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Between plain water and herbal tea (no sugar added) I go through 3-4 quarts a day. The balance changes with the weather. More water and iced tea when it's hot. More hot tea when it cools off.

krazycatlover

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
When I am At work I drink 34-64 oz a day cause i sit all day and it is easy. When I am at home I almost drink nothing.

erzsebet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I typically try and drink 2-3 Liters a day at the minimum....But if I carry my Sigg bottle with me I'll just refill that about a half dozen times!!!!