Upset Tummy?

shorty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My kitten Neko is about 12 weeks now, strictly indoor. He went to use his litter box and I noticed that he had some diarrhea, nothing like water, but not very solid.

He's completely fine otherwise. Very active, following me everywhere..he's grumbling about something right now. No matter how I try and clean, he always seems to find food laying around, not to mention he eats my 1 year olds food. He's on Iams kitten food. Does it sound just like a little upset tummy?

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It does sound like he ate something that did not agree with him, if he is the little hoover you describe. Oh they will find anything and everything that you THINK you have cleaned up!
How is he getting to your babies food? That could indeed be the culprit depending on what kind he has snarfed up.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shorty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trillcat

How is he getting to your babies food?
I probably should have clarified, not my one year old baby, my one year old cat. The kitten thinks he is so smart; he knows I get upset when he steal the other cat's adult food. He caught on so now he grabs ONE piece of hard food and runs over to his bowl like he got it from his. The look on his face is a dead give away.

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL! I had this picture in my head of a cat stealing a babies food! And I think we all know that "Im innocent, I swear!" look, cats are the masters of it. Dogs just look guilty, lol.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My brother refers to this kind of cat as a "floor shark." Very opportunistic feeder!

Keep an eye on his litter box. It could just be an upset from something unusual. You don't give him any milk, do you? If the problem seems to be getting worse, or not getting better, take him to the vet ASAP. Diarrhea can be a serious problem and a sign of coccidiosis and other intestinal parasites.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shorty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It seems to be getting better, still not terribly solid but not runny.

The smell is still ungodly.