Feliway diffuser range

darthclem

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
In order to combat on of my cats' peeing problems, I've purchased a Feliway diffuser and have another on order. I have a ranch-style home with 1800 sq feet on the ground floor and a finished basement with almost the same amount of space. The peeing has occurred on the bed in the master bedroom, on the couch in the great room, and in the basement near the bottom of the stairs.

My question is -- how much range does a diffuser have to it? If I place one in the hallway between the great room and the master bedroom, will it cover both? Will another cover the entire basement?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

darthclem

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hmmmm... I wonder what that equates to in distance if the fragrance is wafting a couple of directions through a hallway.

For those of you with some Feliway experience, how does periodically relocating the diffuser work? I'm thinking I could shuffle it from room daily...

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DarthClem

hmmmm... I wonder what that equates to in distance if the fragrance is wafting a couple of directions through a hallway.

For those of you with some Feliway experience, how does periodically relocating the diffuser work? I'm thinking I could shuffle it from room daily...
well, i have a small house - 927 sq ft. but i have 2 diffusers - 1 in the bedroom, & 1 for the rest of the house [front rooms don't have doors] just to be safe...

meowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I live in a two bedroom small place (dont know the sq ft) and i put it in the kitchen since that room is the most open to the rest of my place. It seems to reach everywhere. IMO it works better if placed somewhere with alot of circulation, for example dont put it on the floor behind the couch.

Mine just ran out, and wouldnt you know kitty is having accidents again. hers is brought on by stress it seems, so dont underestimate the power of Feliway!