Wedding Flowers

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We went to our nephew's wedding yesterday and in all my years I have never seen such splendid floral arrangements at the church, reception hall nor on tables. The bride's parents own a florist shop and told their designer there was no limit on the flowers and to just use whatever they wanted. The designer took them at their word and the results were incredible. I'll attach a couple of pictures to show you. The lighting was low and "coloured" so the pictures are not perfect but you can see the table arrangements. Each one was just a little different than the others of similar style.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh, those are huge!
They are so pretty, thank you for sharing the pictures!

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This is why I'm going to need a wedding planner. I could never think of doing something that creative and unique on my own.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, that's amazing!! Not at all what I expected, which is what makes it so good! And I hate when there's flowers low on the table and you can't actually see around then to talk to the person opposite you - that's a much better idea!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Forensic

That's... well... I hate to say it, but I find that all horribly gaudy. Sorry.
No need to be sorry. I find some clothing people wear to be gaugy as well but it's their option.

For us, walking into that huge arena to this sight was truly magnificent. I'm sure most of us would never actually be able to afford these kinds of arrangements since the price for those flowers alone at retail would be between $30,000 and $45,000. Nikki was fortunate to have her parents own the nursery.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A floral designers dream - to be told to take whatever they need and create!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow!! Reminds me of some of the table designs I would see at the Chicago Flower Show (before the show downsized). Very unique and memorable!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

A floral designers dream - to be told to take whatever they need and create!
That's like music to a florists ears!!!!!
I'm a lisenced designer and I've only heard that phrase a few times in my life- but I always jump on an opportunity like that! When you give a florist freedom to design- 9 times out of 10 it's going to come out sooo much better than if you give them rigid guidelines and no flexibility. I had a blast doing my reception flowers for my wedding
(A good friend of mine did my ceremony flowers and he went wild with them!
)

Their flowers look so nice!!!
Thanks for sharing with us!!