Question of the day Oct 12th

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Still in the Canadian Thanksgiving Holiday Mode the Question for today is
a two part-er.
Also for all of you in the U.K., Mexico, Australia, Europe or any other area that doesn't have the thanksgiving holiday you can use any holiday you want as long as eating to much is involved.

Do you have a traditional thanksgiving dinner, and if so what is your favorite item.

We have the traditional turkey dinner, with ham thrown in for the turkey haters
My favorite part since I was very little has been the mashed potato and dressing, specifically when I mix it together on my plate to make something that looks like; well never mind

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

Still in the Canadian Thanksgiving Holiday Mode the Question for today is
a two part-er.
Also for all of you in the U.K., Mexico, Australia, Europe or any other area that doesn't have the thanksgiving holiday you can use any holiday you want as long as eating to much is involved.

Do you have a traditional thanksgiving dinner, and if so what is your favorite item.

We have the traditional turkey dinner, with ham thrown in for the turkey haters
My favorite part since I was very little has been the mashed potato and dressing, specifically when I mix it together on my plate to make something that looks like; well never mind
I just glanced up at my calendar and it says today is Columbus Day. However, when it come to talking about eating, I need no excuse. Pecan Pie is a tradition in Texas, expecially at Thanksgiving and that gets my number one vote.

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Turkey! Mashed 'taters, some butter, some creamed corn... Mmmmm... And dressing on the side (not in the bird, yuck!)

Though last year my folks got a turducken online and it had jambalaya stuffing... it was fabulous!

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the smells of Thanksgiving dinner cooking, but I'm not particularly fond of turkey. I enjoy the dressing, mashed potatoes and gravy. I make up raspberry, blueberry and apple pies during the summer and fall, and freeze them, so I really enjoy the pies! Mostly, though, I enjoy the extra day off from work, to relax and be with family!

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mine would have to be my Nina's stuffing. That stuff goes like hotcakes in her house. Fingers are lost in the battlt to be the first one in line for it.
And of course there's the pumpkin pie at the end

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We usually have the traditional thanksgiving dinner, and my favorite item is usually the mashed potatoes
I love mashed potatoes, especially my mom's homemade ones.

We used to go to my uncle's house every year when we lived in NJ. Now Rob & I alternate between families on holidays. This year we're supposed to stay here for Thanksgiving, and visit my parents on Christmas. Since it doesn't seem like our house will be done in time for Xmas (we were supposed to have it in our house).