Lily and Tolly

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was trying out an old lens that we dug out of a camera bag and had been stored for years, and rounded up two (less than willing volunteers
) for a photo session

Lily and Tolly together

Tolly

Lily looking all cute and sleepy

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Gorgeous new pics Beth!
I haven't seen new pics of your beautiful babies in such a long time!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

Gorgeous new pics Beth!
I haven't seen new pics of your beautiful babies in such a long time!
.....erm....yes...guilty
Work, work and more work makes me a very boring girl at the moment. I keep trying to get a pretty one of Felicity but I can't manage to untangle her from the tight little ball that she sleeps in - this is the best one I've got recently

She looks very happy
, but as you can see she's all tail and ears

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think that I would keep that lens out Beth....
the detail is amazing.

Beautiful pictures of Lily and Tolly....
of couse how could they not be.

Felicity with her tail over her pretty face, is adorable.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww....My two favourite kitties. They are so beautiful. I really love that first picture. I would definately keep this lense.

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Man those are some gorgeous cats. What kind are they?

Wow they're stunning.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by xocats

I think that I would keep that lens out Beth....
the detail is amazing.

Beautiful pictures of Lily and Tolly....
of couse how could they not be.

Felicity with her tail over her pretty face, is adorable.
Flissy is such a little cutie - being an indoor/outdoor girl, she comes in to sleep and out to play. So, when she's awake she's usually in the garden and then I'm at work

Originally Posted by nurseangel

Beautiful cats...I've seen this breed in cat magazines but never in person.
They are certainly an "experience" such roguish little rascals, but utterly adorable

Originally Posted by fastnoc

Man those are some gorgeous cats. What kind are they?

Wow they're stunning.
Lily and Tolly are Singapuras. They are half-brother and sister. The breed is known for barely having their feet on the ground, they are into everything and at top speed
Consequently, having ornaments around is a thing of the past - well, I suppose it saves having to move them to dust

Felicity is a beautiful fluffball of a moggy - described by the vet as having dilute calico colouring. As you can see - she is the exact opposite of Lily and Tolly and doesn't do very much at top speed at all!

Thank you all for your lovely comments guys - Lily and Tolly are looking very smug right now

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by flisssweetpea

Lily and Tolly are Singapuras. They are half-brother and sister. The breed is known for barely having their feet on the ground, they are into everything and at top speed
Consequently, having ornaments around is a thing of the past - well, I suppose it saves having to move them to dust
It's got a lot to do with you being good at taking photos I'm sure, but those two cats look almost mystical. very majestic.

I got a new DSLR recently and I need practice. I really regret the camear i bought now (the D60) and wish I'd have gotten the D90 because it takes HD video. my HD camcorder was um.....smashed last week. I didn't know I dropped it and ran over it with my car lol. thousand bucks down the drain!

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by fastnoc

It's got a lot to do with you being good at taking photos I'm sure, but those two cats look almost mystical. very majestic.

I got a new DSLR recently and I need practice. I really regret the camear i bought now (the D60) and wish I'd have gotten the D90 because it takes HD video. my HD camcorder was um.....smashed last week. I didn't know I dropped it and ran over it with my car lol. thousand bucks down the drain!
Oh no! That's terrible - could you claim on your household or contents insurance for the video camera? DH is waiting eagerly for Christmas when his new D90 will be arriving (combined birthday and Christmas pressies). He has done a lot of research and apparently the HD video on the D90 suffers quite badly from rippling movement (due to the sensor) and definitely needs a VR lens and for the user not to pan too quickly. It also requires manual rather than auto focusing. So, I guess you don't need to feel to bad about your choice of camera.

Have fun practising with your new DSLR
- I'm sure you'll get great results with it. I'm still practising with mine (D80).

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Believe it or not I practiced restraint this time with the camera. I was honestly going to buy the D700 for what? $3500. no joke. I always do that. but this time I realized it was my first DSLR and I better buy the entry level camera because I'd be waisting my money.

I'm really glad I did that, but I do regret this camera. the lens I have with the D60 is VR so it would interchange nicely with the d90. I think what i'll end up doing is selling this one later body only and picking up the d90. Or, since I wouldn't get much for this without a lens, just getting the d90 and keep the 60 as a backup.

The problem for me is that cats are so hard to keep still it's tough to get a nice shot. The other problem i have, is that my eyesight is bad. So if I manually focus, they come out fuzzy. I'm not sure how to overcome that yet.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The better lens was definitely a good choice - you'll be able to put that on your new camera body when you get it

What a great idea to keep the D60 and buy a body only D90 - they're not available for you in the US yet are they? Well, not unless the supplier splits boxed kits. It's my dream to have one body for a good telephoto or macro lens and one with my 18 - 135 mm. But I guess that will wait for a few years.

When manually focusing, have you adjusted the diopter setting on the viewfinder to match your prescription for the eye that you focus with. You do that with the little cogged wheel at the side of the viewfinder. That might help you to get things into focus.

When taking close up shots, I have found that a good tripod is essential - when focusing close up, every little shake of the hand seems to be magnified and ends up with fuzzy edges to the pictures - a good tripod eliminates that. As for keeping the kitties themselves still - I don't think any of us have managed that one yet