TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › How will you cast your vote?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How will you cast your vote?  

post #1 of 27
Thread Starter 
This poll isn't limited to U.S. voters, as Canadians have to vote in a few days. Several U.S. states are urging people to vote early, as they're expecting an above-average turnout this year. Some people have a number of choices, while others must show up in person on Election Day.
post #2 of 27
I wont but that is a personal issue
post #3 of 27
I will leave work two hours early to vote at my polling place. I hope that will get me in early enough before the rest of the area leaves work. But I will wait as long as necessary to vote. I haven't missed an election in I don't know how long. Not voting is not letting my voice be heard.
post #4 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky View Post
I wont but that is a personal issue
There's an "I'm boycotting" option.
post #5 of 27
I am going to vote early, but in person at the county courthouse.

I don't trust the mail in ballots in this state one bit. Not that voting in person is going to be any better here. We have one of the smallest populations but I think our state was the last to be officially counted in the last election. Several weeks after it was over
post #6 of 27
We could have voted in an Advance Poll, or done a mail-in, but prefer to do it in person. Our polling place is just a couple of blocks away, and it only takes a few minutes, so there's no need to use another method.
post #7 of 27
I'm doing the mail-in ballot though I take it to a drop-off point in the county clerk's office instead of trusting the post office. We have a very lengthy ballot this year so the polling places will probably be slow.

We have:
25 people to vote on for state, federal, and local offices
14 amendments to the state constitution
4 referendums
4 local and county issues.

I suspect it will take me a few days to get through all of this.
post #8 of 27
I vote in person. The question for me is who to vote for, I already know who I won't vote for.
post #9 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by katachtig View Post
I'm doing the mail-in ballot though I take it to a drop-off point in the county clerk's office instead of trusting the post office. We have a very lengthy ballot this year so the polling places will probably be slow.

We have:
25 people to vote on for state, federal, and local offices
14 amendments to the state constitution
4 referendums
4 local and county issues.

I suspect it will take me a few days to get through all of this.
Yikes! No wonder many people vote a straight ticket, or opt not to vote at all. I'm lucky this year, since I can only vote in federal and state elections, no senator or governor is up for reelection in my home state, and there's only one "proposition", which is probably moot now due to the credit crisis.

It nevertheless took me hours to complete my ballot (mail-in, as I live overseas).
post #10 of 27
I'm voting in person. In 2004 I waited in line for 2 hours, and ended up having an argument with my boss because I was going to be late.

In NE Ohio, the swingest swing state of them all (sorry a bit of Ohio bias there) it's fun. We bring cookies, coffee, and end up chatting about the neighborhood. I'm looking forward to my two hours in line this year. I'm already planning my election day cookie recipe, it will somehow involve red, white and blue icing.*

Oh, and I've already scheduled the day off of work.

*They will be non-partisan cookies, BTW.
post #11 of 27
The polling place here is the county elementary school, which is roughly 1000 meters from my back door across a county park. I think that I and the neighbor's dog will take a walk through the park, do a little voting, and walk home
post #12 of 27
I'll be at the polls when they open.

I can't believe people don't vote, for whatever reason. People in other countries are fighting and dying for the privilege to vote and we just blow it off. I've voted when I felt there were no good options, voted for the "lesser of the evils," whatever, but I always vote. Even in the purely local elections.
post #13 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittymonsters View Post
I am going to vote early, but in person at the county courthouse.
i'm also planning to vote early, but in person.
post #14 of 27
I am a permanent mail in voter.
I already have my ballot but am waiting to decide on a couple of local issues before I return it.
post #15 of 27
I will be voting in person, no matter the wait.
post #16 of 27
already voted,since i wont be in ohio that day
post #17 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post

I can't believe people don't vote, for whatever reason. People in other countries are fighting and dying for the privilege to vote and we just blow it off. I've voted when I felt there were no good options, voted for the "lesser of the evils," whatever, but I always vote. Even in the purely local elections.

if i really did not like my choice or did not know anythign about the people running for that office, i skipped them., and moved on to other issues.

even when not in the country i missed very few.
post #18 of 27
I'm going to vote early in person when I don't have to wait in line! I get off of work so late and then I would have to stand in line. NO Thanks! I'm going to be picking up something for dinner so I can stay glued to the TV. Probably chips and salsa....
post #19 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcat View Post
This poll isn't limited to U.S. voters, as Canadians have to vote in a few days. Several U.S. states are urging people to vote early, as they're expecting an above-average turnout this year. Some people have a number of choices, while others must show up in person on Election Day.

You forgot one.

"In person, during early voting" and I will be watching closely to see if there is any ACORN people there and if there is I'm calling the cops.
post #20 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
You forgot one.

"In person, during early voting" and I will be watching closely to see if there is any ACORN people there and if there is I'm calling the cops.
How can you tell an ACORN people from a regular people?
post #21 of 27
They are the ones with the shifty eyes, giving Republicans dirty looks and trying to snatch their ballots.
post #22 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
They are the ones with the shifty eyes, giving Republicans dirty looks and trying to snatch their ballots.
post #23 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckblv View Post
They are the ones with the shifty eyes, giving Republicans dirty looks and trying to snatch their ballots.
they also have a fear of water, and fleas
post #24 of 27
I'm taking the day off and will vote in person. I'm also going to volunteer to transport people to voting locations who can't otherwise get there.
post #25 of 27
We will both be there in person on Election Day.
post #26 of 27
I will vote in person on election day. It's my favorite day that only comes once every four years! I am so excited it's like Christmas for me. I will vote, go to work and then go to an election party afterwards. I just love election day. Ever since I turned 18, I have never missed an election, not even in the local ones. Voting is important and it gives you a voice.
post #27 of 27
I will vote in person before the election day, as my state has in-person early voting (and it's closer to places I go daily than my regular polling station!)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: IMO: In My Opinion
This thread is locked  
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › IMO: In My Opinion › How will you cast your vote?