Question of the day October 11th

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Being the Thanksgiving Holiday weekend here in Canada my question today pertains to Thanksgiving traditions.

Do you have Thanksgiving at your home or do you travel to someone elses home?

I always go to may brothers house for thanksgiving day, before that it was my parents until they both passed away and when I was very young my grandparents.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Usually we travel to relatives of my fiance. We're the only ones who live in this area and wouldn't have anyone to celebrate with if we stayed home. We'd go to my parents' house, but it's a little further to drive. My fiance works retail so he has to be up before dawn to work the day after Thanksgiving.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mexico flag is raising here...

Well don´t have thanksgiving day for us...

BUT certainly I wish good luck and safe trips to those who take this opportunity to visit some relatives for this holiday!...

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lauracatlover

And just thought I'd let you know it's October!

We usually have Thanksgiving at my grandparents' or one of my aunts homes! It's WONDERFUL! There's all sorts of food
And my granny is from Italy so we get to have wonderful pastas on Thanksgiving! Sadly......Thanksgiving isn't until the end of November for us here in the States.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We don't have our thanksgiving holiday here until next month, but we will go to my bf's parents if he can get off work. If not, we won't do anything different from any other day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lauracatlover

We don't have a thanksgiving over here
Sounds like fun though!

And just thought I'd let you know it's October!
Okay so I guess I gapped on the date, that's what happens when you start getting old......

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just noticed the date also lol and was going to tell you but someone else already did.
It depends sometimes we go to my sisters or we have it here.
We plan on having it here this year since its our first one in the house.
Sometimes we go to my dad and other relatives.

midnighttrain

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We usually go to my husband's mom's house then to my grandma's house. Whew ! So much food!

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

It's different every year, the past 2 years we have traveled to FL and Utah, possibly FL again this year
Awww dang.... I was hoping you'd say you were coming to Utah again.

We used to all get together at our parents. But we are all spread over the country now. The last 10 years, we've been having thanksgiving at my home with my two daughters and so's. Last year I got fed up and told the girls they would be in charge of Thanksgiving from now on.