I have never been more flaberghasted!

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just called a Vicious B.... by a Telemarketer who then hung up on me!!

She called up talking about some program that I'm certain my employers would not be interested in and I told her "I'm sorry we are a small company and we are not interested."

She then proceeded to say "We have noticed a lot of secretaries in your area are vicious b..... like you" and then she hung up on me!!

I said nothing remotely b....y. I actually had to call my mom to vent to her about this I have never been called a vicious anything before. I tried call trace and got nothing. I am still shocked!

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can TOTALLY relate. I too work for a small company. My employer does not come to the phone for anyone but clients. So I need to screen all incoming calls and ask who they are, reason for calling etc.

Telemarketers can be pretty nasty and I really hate it. I now just quickly say no thank you and hang up before they can reply. I just cannot cope with telemarketers. unfortunately they call alot too.

It helps to vent.

whuckleberry

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What a horrible thing for her to say! I've had telemarketers get snippy with me, but never to that degree. That was uncalled for!

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by whuckleberry

What a horrible thing for her to say! I've had telemarketers get snippy with me, but never to that degree. That was uncalled for!
Nasty!! She had absolutely no right to say that to you

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My guess is that she knew the call could not be traced. Anonymity makes some people feel free to treat others horribly. Don't give her another thought. She's just a mean spirited person in a cruddy job. Don't give her any more power over you.

junior_j

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
How rude!!! if you know the company it was from i would ring them up and tell them time date and that it was a female , i doubt they will do much but its worth a try! sorry you had to deal with such a rude person!
Jess x

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

My guess is that she knew the call could not be traced. Anonymity makes some people feel free to treat others horribly. Don't give her another thought. She's just a mean spirited person in a cruddy job. Don't give her any more power over you.
Precisely! As nasty as it was having to interact with that woman, imagine how miserable it must be to BE her and count yourself fortunate!

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Rhonda....that's horrible!!!!
I have talked to you and I couldn't ever imagine you ever being like that to anyone!
If she ever calls back, tell her it takes one to know one!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow....sounds like she's the viscious B,....
Don't let that heifer's comment ruin your day

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
wow she does sound like a vicious b!

We have a telemarketer who somehow got the extension for our intercom and has a recorded message that plays several times a day but the call back number does not accept calls so our adopters have to listen to a credit card sales call until one of us get to the silence button.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I suppose she wasn't maing her sales quota and had to vent. That person should get fired from her job!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I get so many telemarketers on the phone each day at work myself, and quite a few start to get nasty when i won't put them through to the Managing Director which is who they usually ask for. Usually i beat them at their own game and hang up on them in the middle of their rant though

Some have been unlucky enough for me to find their number where they've rang from because i've rang their office to complain about their attitudes.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would talk to your company about registering with the Do Not Call List. We registered personally, and haven't gotten a single telemarketing call in - I can't even remember how long! MANY firms take it VERY seriously. I know our brokerage firm has a unit that does cold calls - and they are required to make sure that no "do not call" numbers are used or its an automatic "get fired" if it happens.

Of course she knew it was untraceable or she wouldn't have said it! What a horrible thing.

Laurie