Daily Thread TGIF Thanksgiving weekend!!!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
FINALLY ITS FRIDAY!!

We have a long weekend here in Canada..thankfully. We have a dinner with Josh's mom tomorrow, then one with his dad on Sunday. Monday night I fly out for training

Its going to be a beautiful weekend though, and I am so exited for tonight. Josh and I are having a date night since I am leaving for 2 weeks. We are going to get dinner and go see a movie

Anyhoo, must get through work today first..then doing a little laundry right after work.

Well, have a great day folks and to my fellow Canadians HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Thanksgiving!! Hope your training goes well

I think it's cool and rainy today, at least that's what my joints are telling me this morning *ugh*

I work 4 hours on the ward today and I was scheduled to come home at 11:30 am, but I missed a day at the Research Job a week or so ago because of my back and the fact that the laptop was too heavy for me to carry and there was no case with wheels for me to use. Since I really need all of the hours I can get, I decided to go in this afternoon and make up some of the time I missed.

Nothing much to do this evening. If I can stay awake I need to move some files off of my hard drive. I only have about 6 gigs of space left and I really like to have 30 gigs of space. And I want to watch some of the shows I taped from last evening. CSI season premier was on.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I'm off work today, but only because I'm having dental surgery. I have recession in my gums, so they need to take some tissue from the roof of my mouth and implant it along my bottom teeth. At my age, they were afraid of it getting worse, and then not being able to fix it at all. I'm wicked nervous, only because I hate having shots in my mouth.
After that, I'll probably just lay in bed and watch some episodes of One Tree Hill. Almost caught up with the current season. It'll definitely be a lazy weekend though.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck with your dental surgery!!

Its a sunny fall day with 3 days of indian summer ahead of us. Working on a second load of laundry for the clothesline as the days of using it are coming to an end.

Later this morning is Neil's colonscopy. The prep last night and this mroning wasn't too bad though I recommend having candles in the bathrooms. He weighed himself and lost 4 pounds since Wednesday morning. He is looking forward to eating as all he had yesterday was 3 popsicles and some jello.

This afternoon when we get home I have to drop cornstalks off at clients house and the donations for my cat rescue's fundraiser. Then will rent a movie tonite and perhaps work on the ceiling. Neil is going to mow lawn if he feels ok this afternoon.

Have a good day!!

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im off today so Im going out with my SIL and MIL all day
After that Im coming home and doing some light cleaning. Ive done one room a day every day this week so tonight Im doubling it and doing 2 rooms. So I can have all day tomorrow to do nothing before I go back to work on Sunday for 48 hrs!! Have a great day everyone!!! And to my Canada Friends Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Good luck with your dental surgery!!
Thank you
I'm home now, and my mouth is absolutely killing me.
The dentist said that the roof of my mouth would be the worst part, but the bottom where they grafted the skin is throbbing. I took some Tylenol, and if it doesn't feel better, I'll have to resort to the pain meds. Time to lay in bed for the rest of the day.

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning All!!!!

Beautiful fall day here, sunny and mild.

So today's the big day, last day of work
I really don't have much to do so am going in after lunch for a couple of hours just to help my replacement to get set up.

Afterwards I am going out to dinner with a couple of co-workers which will be my equivalent of a going away party..

Nothing special planned for this evening just hanging out with the furkids.

The cats are good this morning, window watching right now.

Everyone have a great day

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Evening everyone

This morning I spent a few hours applying for different jobs online/etc. After I did that I cleaned the house for a bit.

Tonight I made some really yummy chili for dinner then went to the gym and worked out for a few hours. When I came back I did a little laundry and at the moment i'm just watching some tv before bed.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

To all the Canadians here - what are your traditions for Thanksgiving, other than indulging yourself with food?
No traditions really. Just a big dinner usually consisting of Turkey with all of the trimmings.

I don't usually bother since it's just me, and if I do go to my brothers on Thanksgiving because it's just usually 3 or 4 of us, we tend to have either a chicken or something like lasagna or kabobs on the grill.

It's been at least 20 years since I've had a home cooked turkey dinner with all of the trimmings.

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

FINALLY ITS FRIDAY!!

We have a long weekend here in Canada..thankfully. We have a dinner with Josh's mom tomorrow, then one with his dad on Sunday. Monday night I fly out for training

Its going to be a beautiful weekend though, and I am so exited for tonight. Josh and I are having a date night since I am leaving for 2 weeks. We are going to get dinner and go see a movie

Anyhoo, must get through work today first..then doing a little laundry right after work.

Well, have a great day folks and to my fellow Canadians HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!
Happy Thanksgiving!