This is HORRIBLE

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I attended a village council meeting on Tuesday, regarding a bad animal bill they want to pass. However, this thread isn't about that bill, I learned of a county animal shelter in Ohio that still uses the GAS CHAMBER to euthanize animals that can not be put into new homes. I thought shelters no longer used this horrible cruel method. I heard stories, that I don't even want to pass along. If this bill in this village passes, it could mean more pets going to this county shelter, that can face the gas chamber. I am including a link where we can all contact this county asking them to stop using the gas chamber. There are other methods that are much more humane that should be used. Sadly, with so many irresponsible owners, having animals pts at shelters is something that is done, but having them suffer a horrible death is not the way to go about it. Maybe if we write to the county (Licking county Ohio) we can convince them to do away with the cruel gas chamber. The stories I heard just made me sick. RIP you poor souls

http://www.lcounty.com/ac/lcaso/frmContact.aspx

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the info. I remember that one of the local "humane" societies here had one.
They built a new place and do not have it anymore.

Perhaps you can write a letter to the editor of local newspaper or have them do an article on this??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Thanks for the info. I remember that one of the local "humane" societies here had one.
They built a new place and do not have it anymore.

Perhaps you can write a letter to the editor of local newspaper or have them do an article on this??
We are going to contact the state rep for that area. Hopefully we can get this out to the public. I sat there and just pictured these poor cats and dogs in my mind, who did nothing wrong to deserve such a horrible fate

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately a lot of places still have gas chambers. One humane society in the US has one right in their vans and gas 'obviously unowned' animals when they pick them up

consumerkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just sent a letter to the shelter through the link John posted. I'm going to think of some ways to get this publicized. Those poor animals have been through enough as it is. They shouldn't have to die in such a nightmarish way.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ConsumerKitty

I just sent a letter to the shelter through the link John posted. I'm going to think of some ways to get this publicized. Those poor animals have been through enough as it is. They shouldn't have to die in such a nightmarish way.
Thank you

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sent an email asking for advice from the shelter on what they need to end the practice. Hopefully your post will generate enough publicity and someone will spearhead a campaign to get things changed quickly
On a sad side note, the site seems more oriented to dog-adoptions - their pet-search icon shows only dogs
Heaven help those poor kitties in that area