Help! Older, neurotic cat missing its owner.

theallyshow

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm new to the site as for the first time, I've become a cat owner. The ten year old Siamese's owner is out of the country for a year, and having known the cat for over a year as her roommate, I was more than willing to take care of her.

The Siamese has neurotic tendencies due to being raised with bullying dogs and brother - she's always been high maintenance. Now that her owner has been gone for nearly a month, her loud meowing and need for attention has increased exponentially. She's scared of the rain and today was slinking low to the ground and meowing for attention, and she has eaten very little in the past two days.

I really do care for this cat and am looking for any advice to help her adjust to the changes. Any advice would help. Thank you!

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The above two compounds are available at most large pet stores.

I'm not sure what else to suggest, except to love her and treat her as well as you can, provide security, etc.

othie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theallyshow

I'm new to the site as for the first time, I've become a cat owner. The ten year old Siamese's owner is out of the country for a year, and having known the cat for over a year as her roommate, I was more than willing to take care of her.

The Siamese has neurotic tendencies due to being raised with bullying dogs and brother - she's always been high maintenance. Now that her owner has been gone for nearly a month, her loud meowing and need for attention has increased exponentially. She's scared of the rain and today was slinking low to the ground and meowing for attention, and she has eaten very little in the past two days.

I really do care for this cat and am looking for any advice to help her adjust to the changes. Any advice would help. Thank you!
poor cat, I really feel for her. I dont know what to suggest but please don't let her out (if she is a indoor/outdoor cat) until she seems to understand, the worse thing in the world would be for her to try and find her old owner...

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

The above two compounds are available at most large pet stores.

I'm not sure what else to suggest, except to love her and treat her as well as you can, provide security, etc.
If they don't work, talk to the vet about some perscription medication.