What a weird feeling

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DH and I were driving around today and he was showing me where he used to play at as a kid. We were going down a road by the river and I got hit with this feeling that I've dreamed about that exact same place before. I remember the dream clearly too. Today is the first time I have seen that area so it's not like I've seen it before and dreamed about it. Has anyone ever had that happen?

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep - happened a few times.

The weirdest one was with DH"s house (when I first moved here). I had never seen pictures of it, DH didn't describe it to me or tell me the history. I only knew the family was renovating it (old farmhouse).

In my dream I dreamed that I kept going into this house with him. The kitchen was really big with a door at the end (outside door) that would not open. There was a long counter on the one side. The basement door/area was really dark, and I got the feeling you should not go there. As we "toured" the house we would go from hallway to hallway but when you turned around, the hallway changed and you could not go back the same way. When we got to the upper floors, we left the house by way of the roof.

The inside of the house was "in color", but outside, looking across the fields, was in black/white and we got down off the roof by way of a grape arbor.

Never had a dream like this and when I told DH about it, he started asking me to describe things and repeat the dream. Turns out I was seeing the house in the past (black/white) and the renovations now! He also told me the house had a counter along the wall and at one time there was another outside door that had been changed during the renovations. The basement was not one you wanted to go in................and to top it off he later remembered that there was evidence of a grape arbor attached to the house when they cleared away all the weeds, bushes!

When I got here, I told him exactly where everything was and was correct.

junior_j

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah i have had dreams before that i remember when ive seen what i thought about..

day ja vue i call it , (i know thats not the right spelling lol)

Jess x

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Here's a little something interesting about deja vu. At least a theory about it. I remember my high school biology teacher mentioning something along these lines. I've had the "sudden jolt" thing the article mentions when I'm trying to fall asleep. It always freaks me out when it happens!

http://the-psychic-detective.com/Deja-Vu.htm -

I also found another article that talks about precognition and it's difference from deja vu, like some of you guys have had. http://mb-soft.com/public/dejavu.html

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't say dreaming about an actual place without seeing it would be Deja vu. Deja vu is the feeling you have done something before. I can say that both feelings are extremely weird though. I have read up on Deja vu and the theories are very interesting.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
have you people not seen The Matrix? deja vu is when they make a change...

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There seems to be a lot of disagreement about what constitutes deja vu. The author of that second article, for example, contends that deja vu only involves the sense of sight, and that no one claiming to have had more than two deja vu experiences in a lifetime should be believed!

Well, that's just nonsense. I've had at least a hundred deja vu experiences, and they've all involved most or all of the senses. For me, and for everyone else I've ever talked to about the phenomenon, it's not simply finding a place familiar even though you've never been there -- it's feeling that you are literally reliving some specific moment that happened in the past.

For me, it's never anything significant: just a ten- or fifteen-second snippet of specific conversation in combination with a particular action, a detailed visual image, sometimes even a smell or a taste, all occurring together in a way that I very clearly remember as having already happened at some point in the past.

What I've always heard as the leading theory is that your brain simply slips (perhaps in a tiny epileptic seizure, as suggested in that first article) and processes some new piece of experience as if it were a memory instead. That seems logical to me, though I've never heard the actual mechanism by which it happens explained.

During the last few months of my father's life, as both Alzheimer's and the many medicines he was taking affected his thinking, I noticed that he had many more deja vus than usual... and longer ones, too. This may support the idea that it's simply a "mistake" in the brain's functioning.

Precognition and clairvoyance are totally different experiences from deja vu, but also legitimate, I believe. No idea how to explain 'em, though!

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Well, that's just nonsense. I've had at least a hundred deja vu experiences, and they've all involved most or all of the senses. For me, and for everyone else I've ever talked to about the phenomenon, it's not simply finding a place familiar even though you've never been there -- it's feeling that you are literally reliving some specific moment that happened in the past.
That is exactly how I experience Deja vu

krazycatlover

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
that is to weird. I have been in a place where I thought I was before but never really figured it out. Or I have been lost before in the middle of the night in a place I had never been before and I was found my way easily by guessing which way to turn.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think some people are more intune with their inner self than others. And I have had similar dreams but I tend to dream alot so I don't always get to remember them. Then again I can think about say an old tv show and a certain episode, and not see any commercials for it, and then within a day that same episode is on. I think some people have abilities they don't realize they have. I know I am sensitive to my surrounding area. Now if its because I am a very passionate sometime's too feeling person or what I don't know. I think sometimes being that sensitive to what's going to happen and what's arround you is in your bloodlines from things past family members have done. although with my family everyone tends to differ on our family history so its hard to tell who says the truth. I think you having those abilities is very cool. Have you ever sensed anything like that before or dreamed like that before?

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tavia'smom

I think some people are more intune with their inner self than others. And I have had similar dreams but I tend to dream alot so I don't always get to remember them. Then again I can think about say an old tv show and a certain episode, and not see any commercials for it, and then within a day that same episode is on. I think some people have abilities they don't realize they have. I know I am sensitive to my surrounding area. Now if its because I am a very passionate sometime's too feeling person or what I don't know. I think sometimes being that sensitive to what's going to happen and what's arround you is in your bloodlines from things past family members have done. although with my family everyone tends to differ on our family history so its hard to tell who says the truth. I think you having those abilities is very cool. Have you ever sensed anything like that before or dreamed like that before?
I think it's happened at least once before, not sure. I'm like you though, I dream a lot. I am also very passionate, sometimes feeling too much.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Love this thread! That feeling is very common I would think, so common we have a word for it and many people understand it. It happens to me and my husband a lot. I also have very detailed dreams nightly, and remember most of them. Wonder if/how dreams and this feeling are linked, if at all.