Very Vocal Mushroom

kozziosko

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello! A little while ago I posted a thread about my Siamese girl (Mushroom) being very loud. Well DUH yeah she's siamese and will talk, but after a desex, feliway and settling in with us she seemed fine (to me). My partner however, has a love/hate relationship with her. She honestly does constantly meow AT us when we get home from work, she hears my car pull up and the meowing starts. I get inside, pick her up give her a cuddle, get changed (while she follows and meows the whole time) have a play, she never immediately seems intersted in a play, more just sort of meowing directly at me/us. Anyway she settles in around 7.30pm when we have eaten, washed up and are resting on the couch. The Feliway ran out about 2wks ago and my BF wants to get a refill, however I don't think she needs it. I dont believe she is stressed or anything, I just believe this is her. She wants us home, all attention on her and until we are sitting down, she won't shut up... My BF finds evenings very stressful and really doesn't have much love for her anymore (she is also very vocal in the mornings when we get up)... Do you think my BF is overreacting, do we need more Feliway, does Mushroom need something or is this her?

p.s If I could describe the meow, it would just be a consistent loud meow, doesn't really seem to be about anything, but is directly at us. Even after being fed.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i think she sounds fine.
Heyu yells at me every morning when i get home from work.
and keeps yelling until i pet her. Also you should hear her , when i am getting ready for bed, she will sit there and meow like crazy , unti i lay down.

my first cat would carry on a conversation with you, she woudl look you right in the face and meow, and you would say something and she would meow back etc etc etc

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kozziosko

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

i think she sounds fine.
Heyu yells at me every morning when i get home from work.
cool, yeah seems normal to me, I think its her personality... now I just need to train the BF

sport

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kozziosko

cool, yeah seems normal to me, I think its her personality... now I just need to train the BF
LOL, LOL, LOL....I needed a laugh.......you rule !!!!

meowqueensdaddy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i think my tortie, Pumpkin, has some siamese in her background, and she's loud too. Not just talkative, but loud. As she's grown up, she's gotten more well behaved, but she used to wake us up at all hours of the night, just wanting to talk.

Definitely get the BF trained! Men are easier to train than cats (believe me... I'm a guy, I should know). If he's going to love you, he has to love your cat! It's the law...

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Normal cat. Not every boyfriend likes to be yelled at