I applied for a studen loan....

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
and I think I'm approved

I got the promissary note in the mail today and all I have to do is sign it and send it back.

Now, what do I want to go back to school for?

It's a toss up between Vet Med or Probation Officer...

I'm excited but I know it will be hard to work and go to school at the same time

But I also know it will pay off in the end

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good luck ... probation seems like a good field

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck! Going back to school is the right choice because in the end it will give you an advantage over others and get you out of basically dead end jobs.

Have you considered nursing? I believe the US still has a 2 year program. The demand is huge and if you ever get the hankering to move, you can go anywhere in the world. And it's a pretty secure job that pays really well depending on where you work.

Top salary for RNs where I live is currently $34.830 per hour ($70,182.988 per year). A brand new grad starts off making $29.544 per hour ($59,531.722 per year).

Another field that pays really well, in fact they make almost as much as an RN does here, is a Dental Hygenist.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Essayons89

Good luck.

If the loan you applied for is a Stafford Loan, don't worry, you got it.
I work for Direct Student Loans (been there 8 1/2 yrs) and as long as you fill out the FAFSA, you got it. The only loans that require a credit check is a Parent PLUS loan or a graduate PLUS loan. The parent loan is a loan parents may be required to take out if the student is a dependant, under 24.

But one word of advice, keep in contact with the servicing center who holds your loan. I have seen so many students who don't keep in contact with us. Call them when you move or leave school. If you have any questions about stafford student loans, PM me and I will do my best to answer your questions.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I could totally see you as a probation officer. The vet thing, not as much...you'd take too many of them home with you!

rincewind

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You have to go back to school. I'm in my 2nd year of university studying for a BA in Sculpture and it's the best thing I ever did. Ithas taken me over 20 years (I'm 36) to get here and i wouldn't swap it for the world.

You need to do something you enjoy thats really important. Go for it and enjoy whatever you do.

congratulations

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Good luck! Going back to school is the right choice because in the end it will give you an advantage over others and get you out of basically dead end jobs.

Have you considered nursing? I believe the US still has a 2 year program. The demand is huge and if you ever get the hankering to move, you can go anywhere in the world. And it's a pretty secure job that pays really well depending on where you work.

Top salary for RNs where I live is currently $34.830 per hour ($70,182.988 per year). A brand new grad starts off making $29.544 per hour ($59,531.722 per year).

Another field that pays really well, in fact they make almost as much as an RN does here, is a Dental Hygenist.
I don't think I'd do well in the human medial field.. I'm not real sympathetic (just being honest) when it comes to humans

Originally Posted by Catkiki

I work for Direct Student Loans (been there 8 1/2 yrs) and as long as you fill out the FAFSA, you got it. The only loans that require a credit check is a Parent PLUS loan or a graduate PLUS loan. The parent loan is a loan parents may be required to take out if the student is a dependant, under 24.

But one word of advice, keep in contact with the servicing center who holds your loan. I have seen so many students who don't keep in contact with us. Call them when you move or leave school. If you have any questions about stafford student loans, PM me and I will do my best to answer your questions.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by clixpix

I could totally see you as a probation officer. The vet thing, not as much...you'd take too many of them home with you!
You're right! I'd have a housefull....oh wait.... I already do

Brandon said I'd do good as a probation officer too

Another thing I've been considering is bail bonds.

I"ve been trying to pick a position that I know won't be affected by the economy