TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › I applied for a studen loan....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I applied for a studen loan....

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 
and I think I'm approved

I got the promissary note in the mail today and all I have to do is sign it and send it back.

Now, what do I want to go back to school for?

It's a toss up between Vet Med or Probation Officer...

I'm excited but I know it will be hard to work and go to school at the same time
But I also know it will pay off in the end
post #2 of 10
woot, good luck with school
post #3 of 10
Good luck ... probation seems like a good field
post #4 of 10
Congrats that is super...Good luck with whichever you decide to choose...
post #5 of 10
Good luck.

If the loan you applied for is a Stafford Loan, don't worry, you got it.
post #6 of 10
Good luck! Going back to school is the right choice because in the end it will give you an advantage over others and get you out of basically dead end jobs.

Have you considered nursing? I believe the US still has a 2 year program. The demand is huge and if you ever get the hankering to move, you can go anywhere in the world. And it's a pretty secure job that pays really well depending on where you work.

Top salary for RNs where I live is currently $34.830 per hour ($70,182.988 per year). A brand new grad starts off making $29.544 per hour ($59,531.722 per year).

Another field that pays really well, in fact they make almost as much as an RN does here, is a Dental Hygenist.
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essayons89 View Post
Good luck.

If the loan you applied for is a Stafford Loan, don't worry, you got it.
I work for Direct Student Loans (been there 8 1/2 yrs) and as long as you fill out the FAFSA, you got it. The only loans that require a credit check is a Parent PLUS loan or a graduate PLUS loan. The parent loan is a loan parents may be required to take out if the student is a dependant, under 24.

But one word of advice, keep in contact with the servicing center who holds your loan. I have seen so many students who don't keep in contact with us. Call them when you move or leave school. If you have any questions about stafford student loans, PM me and I will do my best to answer your questions.
post #8 of 10
I could totally see you as a probation officer. The vet thing, not as much...you'd take too many of them home with you!
post #9 of 10
You have to go back to school. I'm in my 2nd year of university studying for a BA in Sculpture and it's the best thing I ever did. Ithas taken me over 20 years (I'm 36) to get here and i wouldn't swap it for the world.

You need to do something you enjoy thats really important. Go for it and enjoy whatever you do.

congratulations
post #10 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca View Post
Good luck! Going back to school is the right choice because in the end it will give you an advantage over others and get you out of basically dead end jobs.

Have you considered nursing? I believe the US still has a 2 year program. The demand is huge and if you ever get the hankering to move, you can go anywhere in the world. And it's a pretty secure job that pays really well depending on where you work.

Top salary for RNs where I live is currently $34.830 per hour ($70,182.988 per year). A brand new grad starts off making $29.544 per hour ($59,531.722 per year).

Another field that pays really well, in fact they make almost as much as an RN does here, is a Dental Hygenist.
I don't think I'd do well in the human medial field.. I'm not real sympathetic (just being honest) when it comes to humans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catkiki View Post
I work for Direct Student Loans (been there 8 1/2 yrs) and as long as you fill out the FAFSA, you got it. The only loans that require a credit check is a Parent PLUS loan or a graduate PLUS loan. The parent loan is a loan parents may be required to take out if the student is a dependant, under 24.

But one word of advice, keep in contact with the servicing center who holds your loan. I have seen so many students who don't keep in contact with us. Call them when you move or leave school. If you have any questions about stafford student loans, PM me and I will do my best to answer your questions.
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by clixpix View Post
I could totally see you as a probation officer. The vet thing, not as much...you'd take too many of them home with you!
You're right! I'd have a housefull....oh wait.... I already do

Brandon said I'd do good as a probation officer too
Another thing I've been considering is bail bonds.

I"ve been trying to pick a position that I know won't be affected by the economy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › I applied for a studen loan....