New York Times - Men and Cats

baelfire

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Not sure if someone posted this yet, but I found this news article to be hilarious me being a guy and all.

It is a news article in the New York Times about men owning cats.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/05/fa...rssnyt&emc=rss

enjoy.

The Cats Protection study found that single male cat owners were more likely than their female counterparts to have made, or consider making, a sacrifice for their cat — including giving up a holiday or going into debt for their cat if necessary.
I particularly like that part because I was always considering was I weird for thinking that way ^__^.

Anyways let me know what you think.

skippymjp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I loved this line;

A man with a cat, on the other hand, “is secure with himself,†he said. “Heâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s sharing his space with a predator.â€
Here at home, in my little lock box, is locked away a Visa card with a $5000 limit for "kitty emergencies only"

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's a funny story. Another way Hollywood and the media insinuate that a man is not completely masculine is to give him a little yappy lap dog.

Frankly, I think there is something sexy about a man who cares about animals - It makes my heart flutter when I see my boyfriend pick up one of the shelter kittens, cuddle it, pet it and give it a kiss on the top of its head!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

Frankly, I think there is something sexy about a man who cares about animals - It makes my heart flutter
Thats the truth!

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A man with a cat, on the other hand, “is secure with himself,” he said. “He’s sharing his space with a predator.”

lol i always said, cats fit better with men then women.
after all we dont care if the cats us a dead mouse or bird. lol

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

Frankly, I think there is something sexy about a man who cares about animals - It makes my heart flutter when I see my boyfriend pick up one of the shelter kittens, cuddle it, pet it and give it a kiss on the top of its head!

I have a t-shirt that says, "Real men admit they love cats!"

jean-ji

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
One of the many reasons I fell for my husband is one of his childhood stories. When he was a kid they had a cat. She was an indoor/outdoor cat, they lived in the country. She would jump up on his windowsill and scratch until he opened the window to let her in. She would jump onto his bed, onto the floor and scratch at the door to be let out... so she could go next door to sleep with his sister. Every night he hoped she would stay. Never happened, but he still opened that window every time in hopes that one night she would stay.
That never happened, but he loves cats to this day. As an adult, he's learned to play hard to get and the cats can't get enough of him.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jean-ji

As an adult, he's learned to play hard to get and the cats can't get enough of him.
i have found that works with human females also

i would say, more then half the male IT guys here have cats.
a couple like me would also like a dog, but not enough time to take care of dog.

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is one of the many reasons I love DH. He is utterly smitten with our kitties. It was his idea to drive an hour to get Stanley from the rescue. It was his idea to go upstairs at the rescue and get a friend for Stanley (which led to Bella choosing me)

I also fell in love with him because of the way he found and cared for his first kitty, Molly (who is now a happy house cat at 13 yrs old) who was a skinny stray with a broken leg. Plus, he is the kitty whisperer --even the most skittish cats seem to love him

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not only does my big, tattooed biker dh love cats, he does not fully trust anyone that does not at least tolerate cats. Both of his best male friends are also cat people. Fluffy is his baby, he rescued her, and she chose him to be her person. It is so cute to see them together.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A male friend of mine in college said cats reminded him of women and were just "sexy"...the way they walked, moved, only pay attention to you when they want to...
. But after watching him play with, and give lovings to a friend's kitty, I fell hard. I guess I still have half a crush on him to this day (don't tell DH that!)

Actually my husband is the one that brought home our first 2 kittens, Harley and Monster. They still had to be bottle fed a few times a day. The first time I saw he cradling little Monster in his hand and bottle feeding her, talking to her the whole time, my heart just melted.
I think that is when I really realized that he was the one for me.