He's back again!!!!!

milly1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello to all,
First time posting on this site and looking for some advice.....(sorry this is so long.....
My hubby and i have two cats both around 5 years old, one a female stay at home Persian and the other a ginger and white regular tom cat.
Our problem is with the male. He has always been a naughty cat and is a bit of a bitter.
We are soon to adopt a little girl and are somewhat worried what his reaction will be like, she's only 6years old and the cat really does hurt when he bites and draws blood.
My dad who lives about a mile and a half away has offered to take our cat to live with him as dad is the only person he doesnt bite so....
at the beginning of August we packed him up and he moved in with dad, all seemed fine until 7 weeks later he turned up on our doorstop early one morning.
We didnt know what to do but decided to try him again, that time he stayed at dads 5 days before returning home.
We're getting a little stressed now as it's likely our soon to be daughter will be with us in a few weeks time, is there anything we can do to encourage our cat to stay at my dads, he gets loads of fuss and attention there, more than he does with us and even sleeps on dads bed.
Milly1

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sure. Have your dad deep him indoors. I know you guys in the UK think we Americans are crazy about this, but it sure helps avoid problems like you are experiencing. He can't walk a mile and a half home if he can't take the first step out the door.

althekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi, I would get your dad to keep kitty in for a couple of weeks. That way he can get used to his home and where home is now. After the two weeks see if he stays at your dads. He may well come back again as he may still see your house as home and you. I hope you work it all out

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

milly1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello and thanks for the reply,
Dont think dad would have him if he'd got to keep him inside and Oscar (the cat) would go mad. Hes always been a very out doors cat, climbing trees and chasing anything that moves!!
And no i dont think you're crazy our other cat is a house cat, we take her for walks on a harness and she comes on holiday with us.
Take care
milly1

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by krazy kat2

Is he neutered? If not, that could help stop some of his wanderings and aggressive behavior.
I second that. You'll also do something to curb the number of unwanted kittens in the neighborhood. Unless your cat is a pedigreed purebred and you are part of a network of afficionados of the breed that can take the kittens, then spaying the females and castrating the males is what a responsible pet owner does.

Also, six years old is not to young to teach a child that if kitty doesn't want to play, then he doesn't want to play, and if you keep after him when he doesn't want to, and get bitten, then you have nobody but yourself to blame.

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you just let the girl (btw: congrats!!
) know just to leave him alone? Give him a wide berth? Less upset for you and the kitty.