Anyone else been sleeping badly?

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been sleeping horribly for a few weeks now, Im guessing its just stress running over since my brain is always going, but its starting to wear me out! Im having bad dreams every night (last night, I had dreams about shooting someone that was attacking me, and then the person turned into my cat after I shot them, augh!!), being trapped in small spaces (claustrophobic), just bizarre stuff. And several bad dreams per night. Plus I've been tossing and turning alll night, I guess because of the dreams. I was thinking maybe its the moon or the weather or something like that, its not like me to sleep this badly, especially for weeks at a time : ( I just want to wake up feeling not tired!!

oci-lot

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know what you mean about the dreams at least.. i have extremely vidvid dreams on most nights...Ever since i was a child it has been this way i remember there was one point in my mid teens where i was afraid to go asleep because i was afraid to dream.but just chill out, relax , maybe play some music that you enjoy.. play some jimi hendrix if you have some or maybe something else that helps me sometimes..but if you do make sure you play the whole album through without touching it because if you touch it it will disrupt the jimi hendrix cycle...

junior_j

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hello

This is what i would recommend ,

Before bed every night drink a hot caffiene free drink , but i suppose a hot chocolate would not hurt. Also have a nice warm bath , you can buy things like lavendar bath scents , bubble baths , lavender bath bombs ect.

Get lavender for you bedroom. When you lay in bed excersise your muscles starting from your feet to your head and then reverse it.

Take a multi vitamin a day and also vitamin C.. this will help your body in general , if all fails then play smooth music .. or a soft song you like..

Again if all else fails, go see a councillor because maybe you have issues that lie deeper then you know.

Hope those tips help. you also need the hour before bed to be your wind DOWN time , read a nice book , lay on the sofa watch a lovely film.. just enjoy your kittys , write a novel.. do what ever thats relaxing..
Jess x

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by junior_j

Hello

This is what i would recommend ,

Before bed every night drink a hot caffiene free drink , but i suppose a hot chocolate would not hurt. Also have a nice warm bath , you can buy things like lavendar bath scents , bubble baths , lavender bath bombs ect.

Get lavender for you bedroom. When you lay in bed excersise your muscles starting from your feet to your head and then reverse it.

Take a multi vitamin a day and also vitamin C.. this will help your body in general , if all fails then play smooth music .. or a soft song you like..

Again if all else fails, go see a councillor because maybe you have issues that lie deeper then you know.

Hope those tips help. you also need the hour before bed to be your wind DOWN time , read a nice book , lay on the sofa watch a lovely film.. just enjoy your kittys , write a novel.. do what ever thats relaxing..
Jess x
...I´ll take note my friend...

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've been noticing a change in my sleeping patterns as well. I have been having vivid odd dreams. I mean they are all over the place and people are in them that I have not thought about in years. I wake up with a stiff neck and feeling quite unrefreshed. I try to work out in the AM so I am worn down after work and I take some time to enjoy a good library book before settling in. But it's to no avail. I feel your pain and here's some that it'll pass and a good nights sleep is in the future.

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sleeping schedule is way off. I stay up all night, and sleep most afternoons. I hate it. I get 2-3 hours of sleep at a time, with vivid dreams.
Doing something relaxing is very good advice. I try to meditate, listen to music, or just lie quietly with one of my cats. When I can sleep that helps a lot in helping me relax.
Oci-lot, I thought I was the only one that found Jimi Hendrix relaxing.

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I wake up at least 2x a night and have to pee!
I wake up to roll over. Everytime I wake up the cats think its play time
I am a tummy sleeper and sence my belly has gotten much bigger that is just impossible. So yep my sleeing is all messed up!

junior_j

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I too am belly sleeper , and the cats have the whole downstairs and my brothers room to sleep in lol , the dog has priority and is the only animal allowed to sleep with me hehe

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try taking a non-prescription medication that has drowsy effects. Benadryl (antihistamine) or Gravol (anti-nausea) will both make you sleepy. If I can't sleep and I don't feel that an actual sleeping pill is necessary. I will take 2 Benadryl tablets and they put me right to sleep. And the nice thing about antihistamines is that they are non-addictive, so you can't become immune to them and need higher doses.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, as suggested, I did put on some music, I've listened to the same cd every night for years (Im surprised it hasnt worn out yet!) and I decided I'd try a different CD (classical) and so far I havent been having any bad dreams!