I fell at work today

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is only 18 days left to my wedding and I can't bend my knee
I'm on crutches and everything.... Hope all is better by the 25th!

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
poor thing. do straight leg lifts and put ice on your knee afterwards, no more than 20 minutes. twice a aday. take ibprofen on a full stomach , stay off it.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh honey, I'm so sorry! Just what you need on top of last minute wedding stress! Did you tear anything, wrench it or what? Did the doctor think it will be healed in time for the wedding? If it's still bothering you closer to the wedding see if the doctor thinks you could just wear a knee brace or something to give it extra support that day. It probably wouldn't be a bad idea anyway because you're going to be on your feet A LOT!

Many healing vibes coming your way!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is really a stressful thing to have happen right now..

I sprained my knee over the weekend and I found the best thing for it was tons of ice. I tried to keep and ice pack on it as much as possible and it really help to keep the swelling down.

Sending along tons of healing vibes that it is all better by the big day..

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do recommend all the above suggestions. Also consider the shoes you were planning on wearing and have more comfortable back-ups planned (no one really see's them anyhow)

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Oh I'm sorry. I hope you're feeling better soon. I had a friend who accidentally slammed her left hand in the trunk the day before her wedding. Her ring finger was swollen enough that they put the wedding band on her pinkie during the ceremony. But she still made a lovely bride and I'm sure you will also even if there is a little limp.

junior_j

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
ahh no , i hope the swelling./pain goes down , i agree get a tuby grip from the chemist.. just for support , but if the swelling is bad/increased dont put anything on it for two long.

xx
Jess x

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I havn't see the ortohpedist yet, still working though workers comp stuff! But on an up note I was already planning on wearing nice, comfy flats for the big day (my fiance is only 2" taller than me, lol)

I'll keep you all posted thanks for the support!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sillyitiliangrl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well it looks like I'm out of work for at least a week
I'm not allowed to drive at all and I have to walk with crutches for 2 weeks (aka until 2 days before my wedding) The dr looked at my knee, pulled on it a bit and then looked up and said "you need an MRI"

Well, I did think the wedding prep was going too smoothly
Not to mention my maid of honor may have appendicitus!

going nova

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sillyitiliangrl

Well it looks like I'm out of work for at least a week
I'm not allowed to drive at all and I have to walk with crutches for 2 weeks (aka until 2 days before my wedding) The dr looked at my knee, pulled on it a bit and then looked up and said "you need an MRI"

Well, I did think the wedding prep was going too smoothly
Not to mention my maid of honor may have appendicitus!
I hope you get better soon!
But, I'm sure you'll have a beautiful day, regardless!