Vibes needed for Buster's surgery today

blast-off-girl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Buster will undergo a major surgery today to remove a mass from his bladder. I am very scared and trying to hold back the tears for the sake of Buster. He had blood in his urine for a month, which was misdiagnosed as a cystitis. Last week the radiologist performed an ultrasound and discovered the mass. None of the doctors know what it is (I chose to skip more expensive diagnostics) but I'm praying it's not a cancerous tumor.

Please wish Buster a good surgery and a speedy recovery.

Thank you.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh no....you must be out of your mind with worry.

Sending TSC's powerful vibes that the mass is benign, easily removed, followed by a quick recovery.
Buster

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my goodness, I cannot imagine

Sending so many vibes for Buster to have surgery with no complications and heal very quickly and calming vibes for you

jalindal

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I wish Buster a successful surgery, a swift recovery, and better health in the future. And I hope that you find peace and tranquillity while he's going about the healing process.

simkie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How did everything go, Blast-Off-Girl? I hope you got some good news today.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blast-off-girl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for your wonderful vibes!! Words can't express how grateful I am for everyone's kind and heartwarming comments.

I dropped off Buster at the vet at 8 AM. I cried so hard that I compelled two dog owners to simultaneously burst into tears as well. Prior to the surgery, the radiologist x-rayed Buster's lungs in order to ensure that no cancer metastasized in that area. If so, then we would skip the surgery and use chemotherapy as an alternate treatment plan. He also conducted a mini blood panel to ensure Buster's health for anesthesia.

Anyway, the surgery occurred at approximately 2 PM and lasted for about 90 minutes. The surgeon removed a large part of the bladder including areas outside the tumor in order to make sure he got rid of the bad cells. After removing approximately 60% of the bladder, he restructured it. He said it didn't matter because the bladder acts like a balloon unlike many other organs that can't handle such a large removal. The surgeon said it was one of the easiest bladders he worked on. He sent the cobblestone-pink mass to the lab for further examination. Unfortunately, he thinks that it is cancer because he recognized it in other dogs and cats who suffer from transitional cell carcinoma.

He then checked out the rest of the organs to ensure there were no other abnormalities. He said that that pancreas looked strange because there were these cyst-like marks. He doesn't think it's cancer but sent a sample to the lab to be on the safe side. He thinks it's a low-level inflammation or minor case of pancreatitis.

Despite his older age and BUN of 37, Buster handled the anesthesia like a champ. They were not worried at all and he pulled through fast. The vet said that he is alert now and about to eat dinner. He's also urinating without a catheter. I can visit him tomorrow and take him home Thursday.

I'm so glad he's doing well! I was a total wreck these past few days. I knew it would be okay when I heard Coldplay's "Fix You" on Sirius radio as I drove away from the hospital. That song has become Buster's unofficial theme song lately

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
sending my & that this surgery will be the answer for Buster, & that he comes thru it well & heals quickly!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Im so glad his surgery went well, now for some smooth healing vibes and be healthy vibes

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww, Buster has an official song.

You and your precious boy remain in my thoughts as you move forward with this.
Buster