Not sure about my test

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got home from school and I'm anxious to know the score of my algebra test. I don't know how many problems were on it, there were different point values involved for each one. I know for sure I missed three of them, which will push my score for the test down to a high "B", I just hope I didn't miss more than that. I'm sure I passed it, it's just a question of "by how much?". I would have to get below a 70 to drop my overall grade for the class below an "A".

The next items we will be getting to before the term is over:
Graphs: Line graphs; Graphs of Equations; Linear equations.
Proportion and Percent: Circle Graphs; Ratios and Rates; Proportions; Slope
Applications to Problem Solving: Equations with Like Terms; Distributive Law (and using it in equations).

I want an "A" in this class. I've never had an "A" in a math class in my entire life. I just don't know if it will happen. Of course, I felt this same way after the first test.

othie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Essayons89

I just got home from school and I'm anxious to know the score of my algebra test. I don't know how many problems were on it, there were different point values involved for each one. I know for sure I missed three of them, which will push my score for the test down to a high "B", I just hope I didn't miss more than that. I'm sure I passed it, it's just a question of "by how much?". I would have to get below a 70 to drop my overall grade for the class below an "A".

The next items we will be getting to before the term is over:
Graphs: Line graphs; Graphs of Equations; Linear equations.
Proportion and Percent: Circle Graphs; Ratios and Rates; Proportions; Slope
Applications to Problem Solving: Equations with Like Terms; Distributive Law (and using it in equations).

I want an "A" in this class. I've never had an "A" in a math class in my entire life. I just don't know if it will happen. Of course, I felt this same way after the first test.
It sounds like you are studying alot of what I am. I found this great site (http://justmathtutoring.com/) if you go to the Algebra/SAT videos he has a HUGE list of videos that explain different items, like graphs and proportion. They are all youtube videos, so the nice thing I like about this is I can put it on my ipod and go over while on the train..

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
oh I wish i was studying those things!!! but noooooooooooooo I have to be studying derivatives and limits

algebrapro18

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

oh I wish i was studying those things!!! but noooooooooooooo I have to be studying derivatives and limits
It gets better and soon enough you will have every formula branded into your brain because you will use it so much. And if your calculus class is like mine was, you will get back into graphing soon enough, you just use derivatives to make the graphs.

Back on track, Its very easy to over analyize our proformance on tests or homework(I'm probably worse with homework then tests at this point in my studen career). We just need to relax and have faith that we studied enough and didn't make that many silly mistakes which happens ALL the time in algebra. I still make careless mistakes and I haven't had an algebra class in about 6 years, though all the math I'm taking is based off of algebra.