Who loves....

erzsebet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
...to PROCRASTINATE?!?!?!
I am supposed to be studying right now, but instead I am eating a slice of pie and listening to some music!

I have a physics exam on Wednesday but for some reason avoiding studying sounds like a better idea right now
Someone kick me into shape!!!!!!

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is probably not what you want to hear, but IMO, you need to be mentally healthy for school work and nothing is better for mental health than pie and music

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WELDRWOMN

This is probably not what you want to hear, but IMO, you need to be mentally healthy for school work and nothing is better for mental health than pie and music
perfectly said

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

erzsebet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WELDRWOMN

Thats what I have been telling my fiance!! But everytime he comes out here and sees me doing those things he makes me feel guilty for not studying!! He doesn't understand whats a priority in life!!!

fuzzles

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
HAH! I used to procrastinate all of the time when I was still in school a few months ago. But instead of watching tv or something like that I would say to myself that I needed to clean house first before I should study. I never learned that I should clean my house top to bottom a few days before I really needed to start studying to deter me from that. I'm weird, I know!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can procrastinate with the best of them when I want to!

But usually I'm pretty good with self motivation to get things done. My problem is lack of energy / stamina and physical limitations. But on days when I'm feel well I tend to like to be on the move doing things.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our house is set to close on Friday. DH and I have packed maybe 5-6 boxes, so what do you think?

In all fairness, I refused to pack before I knew it was a sure deal and now I can't really bend or lift anything.

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I started several projects and guess what? now I can't seem to get any of them done! I hate that about myself, actually it is so frustrating!
Just like while ago, I have to draw a cat picture,
I have a great idea, it's just I'm not an artist, this is for a shop on the cafepress, all proceeds go to help my ferels that I have been feeding, to help with the cost of their spay/neuter. I started the project in the summer, and for the life of me.... I just can't focus! I'm starting to wonder.... I feel like a cd with a scratch on it..... you know.... skip...skip......repeat...repeat!! Scream!
Scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can so relate!!! And instead of dealing with it ... I procrastinate! I just wish I had that pie with my procrastination!!!
Monique

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know how you feel! I was just looking at an assignment online and read "due Saturday at 5pm"...... I closed it out and said to myself, I'll do it on Saturday.

erzsebet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carwashcats

I just wish I had that pie with my procrastination!!!
Monique
Let me just say that my one slice of pie made allllllll my procrastination mean something!!!
I highly recommend it!!!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carwashcats

I Just like while ago, I have to draw a cat picture,
I have a great idea, it's just I'm not an artist, this is for a shop on the cafepress, all proceeds go to help my ferels that I have been feeding, to help with the cost of their spay/neuter.
Start small if you want to draw, and check your local library for some drawing books. They actually work well for a lot of people. Your other option, if you're pressed for time, is to commission someone to do it for free (or for an item from the shop).

I'm sure if you made a very nice request on here with what you'd like that someone would offer to help.

Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

I know how you feel! I was just looking at an assignment online and read "due Saturday at 5pm"...... I closed it out and said to myself, I'll do it on Saturday.

What's your assignment over? Maybe discussing it with someone will help you get some good ideas for it... unless it's math related - then just procrastinate away.

Anyone have any ideas on how to make packing easier?

erzsebet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Anyone have any ideas on how to make packing easier?
OH nononononono! I am the WORST at packing!!! All I do is shift through my old things and find things I haven't seen in forever! Then I sit and and google over it for hours!! I am terrible at packing! All I can say is God speed with that one!!! That is a tough job to get a handle on

othie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by erzsebet

...to PROCRASTINATE?!?!?!
I am supposed to be studying right now, but instead I am eating a slice of pie and listening to some music!

I have a physics exam on Wednesday but for some reason avoiding studying sounds like a better idea right now
Someone kick me into shape!!!!!!
oh oh, I do! lol I have a geo test tomorrow and a math test on thrusday and I here I am, surfing the net, telling myself I'll find a video to explain the math better

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use to be really bad for putting things off in my younger days, but as I have gotten older I find I am happy just to get it over and done with and out of the way.
That way when I am relaxing I am not always thinking about what I have to do, or should be doing..
However I will say it has taken me 40 odd years to learn to do it...

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm procrastinating as we speak

I'm at work and should be doing my data entry for my water batches I just put on the blocks, but I'm surfing TCS instead!

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
i'm soooo bad for dishes that way
I wait for the last possible moment and then do them because I have to

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I wait untill I am all out of dishes untill I do them. I do the same thing with laundry too! I HATE folding it. I usually blame it on the cats
"Well I was going to fold laundry, BUT the cats are asleep on it so it will have to wait"

As for packing
I am the WORST. When I moved from Cali up to WA I packed at 2am-4am and then got in my car and left at 4am. When I go on a trip I usually don't pack untill about 30min before I need to leave. Then I wounder why I forget things all the time.

Now school work usually got done about 30min before it was due. How I got good grades I will never understand. I guess I am just good at BSing and making it look like I know what I am talking about.

So yep I love to procrastinate, but it seams I work better when under stress.