"This purse has your name written all over it"

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today there was a kiosk set up in the area of the elevators at the hospital. I saw there were purses on the table so went to take a look. I saw some vintage replicas that were very pretty. While I was looking, the sales girl says "This purse has your name written all over it" and handed it to me.

It had to be the ugliest purse I've ever seen in my life. It was black leather and had dozens of leather fringe strips on it, but they weren't vertical, they were horizontal on the front and back flat sides, starting a few inches from the centre towards the outside edge.

I looked at the label and it said "Prada", and then at the price tag which was $249.00. She said it was 20% off.

I tried to find it online but I can't see the one that she showed me, but based on the prices I saw online $345 up to $2,000, I would say that the purse she showed me was probably a knock-off, or was several seasons out of date.

Anyway, it was really ugly!!!

EDIT: I just found it by searching "prada purse"+fringe.

http://i1.iofferphoto.com/img/item/3...ada_fringe.jpg

Actually, I think this might have been it.

http://www.ioffer.com/i/Prada-Fringe...color-34867841

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow... I think maybe she was just trying desperately to get rid of it and foist it on anyone who showed any interest.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Taking another look at it.... Does any else wonder what you could go as for Halloween if you took the thing, cut some eye holes, and wore it as a mask?

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Taking another look at it.... Does any else wonder what you could go as for Halloween if you took the thing, cut some eye holes, and wore it as a mask?
Originally Posted by sarahp

But you could look like Victoria Beckham if you wore it
There you go - you could combine both ideas and go to Halloween as Victoria Beckham!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

That was exactly what I thought!

I bet if you got it, you'd win the World's Ugliest Purse Contest.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise

...For that extra-special Chewbacca costume....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Meowers

That is odd for a sales person to blindly pick out one with 'your name on it'
not sure how id take that.
I had commented on a couple of vintage knock-offs that were along the styles of this one http://www.davenportandco.com/images/DA3574.JPG
only the Prada ones were inlayed with gem stones. Very pretty. I happened to mention that I have a few original vintage purses at home. I guess she felt the fringes on that purse were "flapper-style" or something so that's why she showed it to me. But OMG! I wouldn't be caught dead in that thing. Not to mention how heavy it is with all that extra ripped up leather.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

You've got one just like it really havent you?
I might!
I think it would be so cute with a conservative casual outfit.