Wow, I'm in real bad situation

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First let me say I love my husband very much. I have a friend (guy) online that I've kinda falling in love with. (OOPS) He's happily married and there would never be anything between us. I haven't been able to tell him how I feel because I'm afraid he'll back away and I'll lose him as a friend. I feel like if I don't get this out I'll self destruct. What should I do about this?

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First let me say I am not in any way judging you its not my place. But let me say what I would do. I would stop all contact with this person. I understand he is a friend but having feelings like that for someone else when you are married is like committing adultry when you are married. If the shoe was on the other foot and your husband was in your place how would you feel. And I understand that he may not know but I am sure that he senses something is up. And I am sorry but an online friend that will never be anymore is not worth jeapordizing a marriage for. And you are truly playing with fire here and the one who will get burned in the long run is you. And I don't see how you can be inlove with someone who you have not met especially when you say you love your husband. I am sorry if I sound harsh but I am simply being honest about how I feel. And I am just telling you what I would do so please don't take it as an attack on you or anything like that. For everyone's sake I really would end this friendship and all contact with this person.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tavia'smom

First let me say I am not in any way judging you its not my place. But let me say what I would do. I would stop all contact with this person. I understand he is a friend but having feelings like that for someone else when you are married is like committing adultry when you are married. If the shoe was on the other foot and your husband was in your place how would you feel. And I understand that he may not know but I am sure that he senses something is up. And I am sorry but an online friend that will never be anymore is not worth jeapordizing a marriage for. And you are truly playing with fire here and the one who will get burned in the long run is you. And I don't see how you can be inlove with someone who you have not met especially when you say you love your husband. I am sorry if I sound harsh but I am simply being honest about how I feel. And I am just telling you what I would do so please don't take it as an attack on you or anything like that. For everyone's sake I really would end this friendship and all contact with this person.
I agree with Gail on this one.

You made a committment to love, cherish and be fully faithful to your husband, an emotional adultry is pretty much just as bad as going out and physically cheating on your spouse in my opinion. It would be best if you seperate yourself from the temptation- this means cutting off all ties from this person you're having strong feelings for. You owe it to your husband,yourself and vows you guys made and the to be faithful.

If anything, think about the other woman- does she know her husband is talking to you in that way? Do they have children? Adultry not will have a nasty effect on them as well if the temptation continues and something progresses. An affair, emotional or physical can tear a family apart. How would you feel if not only your family was affected by this but also hers?

If you feel like you're going to self-destruct if you cut off contact with this person, my honest suggestion to you would be to try out therapy for a bit to work through some of these strong feelings and emotions to help yourself and your marriage.

I'm sure you didn't intend for this to happen in the first place and your emotions probably did catch you off guard, but you really need to stop this now before something else happens hon
It's not worth throwing away your marriage, and ruining his too.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know others have said to cut him off, you should if you know he is completely happy with his wife.

But firstly look at your relationship, is this working with DH?

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Have you actually met him?.

If you love your husband like you say you do then phase out contact with this other man. You've said he's happily married and that nothing will ever happen so nip it in the bud now.

Whats he saying to you that makes you think you love him?.

bonnie1965

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I kind of understand. Perhaps you believe you see something in this man that is missing in your husband - or something that is missing in your marriage. But still, he is just a man (good, bad, indifferent) who is probably a lot like your husband. We tend to be attracted to a "type".

Someone suggested therapy. I think this is a good idea. It helps to talk with an impartial person who will actually listen to what you are feeling and thinking.

If you tell this other man how you feel, you run the risk of losing him as a friend. On the other hand, you run the risk of breaking up families. It all seems romantic online but it doesn't transfer to real life so well.

Don't feel bad about yourself or your feelings. It could also be a crush. I get those still
Then, I learn more about the guy and the crush dissipates.

Whatever you do or don't do, make sure it is what is best for you. You are the central player in this and you deserve good things - not a broken heart and family.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, I can't even imagine you're asking about this.

Put yourself in your husband's shoes, and imagine how you'd feel if this was going on with him. What would you expect him to do?

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, first of all you aren't falling in love with this guy. You just think you are.

"Online" is pretty much fantasy. When you are talking online you pretty much have the other person's undivided attention, and because you aren't in the same room with the other, and can severe contact whenever you want and not have to deal with that person ever again, it's "safe", so because it's "safe", you tend to be more open about things that bother you, and so is the other person, so you feel like you are kindered spirits.

When you don't have to deal with daily habits of: nose picking, crotch scratching, belching, leaving dirty underwear on the floor, money, spending, bills etc etc etc, it's easy to "fall in love" with someone across the distance where you don't have to deal with any of that. But the reality of things is very different. The grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence.

What you both need to do is tell each other "good-bye" and go and spend time dealing with your marriages and your marital problems.

While neither of you have cheated sexually, you are still cheating on your spouses. Emotional cheating is far worse than sexual cheating, because oftentimes sex is completely detached, but emotions are personal and have meaning.

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't really have any good advice for you that maybe hasn't already been said, but I am sending vibes out that you get this worked out in the best way possible

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

When you don't have to deal with daily habits of: nose picking, crotch scratching, belching, leaving dirty underwear on the floor, money, spending, bills etc etc etc, it's easy to "fall in love" with someone across the distance where you don't have to deal with any of that.
Oh that's so true!, which is why i won't have another man live with me

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Do you realize that you have posted this on a public forum that anyone could see, including your husband?

althekitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi, I have to say that sometimes you just have to walk away. I don't understand your need to tell him. Why on earth would you want to do that. If he is a friend and doesn't have any intentions towards you, why lose him as a friend, ruin your marriage and maybe his? It sounds like you could just make a fool out of yourself. If you already know that nothing is going to come of this, then why persue it? Maybe you are not happy in your relationship, but i would suggest, like others on here that a form of therapy maybe your best bet. Just to talk about what is driving you emotionally at the moment. Take control of the situation and walk away from this other guy and see if maybe he is just a distraction from whats really going on in your marriage. Take care.

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Four Words....."been there, done that"........my advice.....either walk away now or keep your feelings to yourself. I didn't and it almost cost me a marriage. If you love your husband....don't tell him, don't tell your friend, just drop it...as someone said, you're not really in love with him.....its a reality thing, if you must, just must tell someone, tell your cats, they'll never tell!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
While I don't think of it as being adultery, what you are doing is not right and if the tables were turned and it was your husband doing what you are, I think you would be very, very hurt.

You are playing with fire and as Natalie_ca said, it's all romantic online but in real life he is just as human as your hubby and may even be a lot worse.

I think you already know in your heart that what you are doing isn't right or else you wouldn't have come here to even talk about it.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think, as many others said, that you need to let this go. If you love your husband, you shouldn't be doing this behind his back. If he was "falling in love" with another woman online, you would be devastated I'm sure. It's easy to form a crush on someone you've never seen (I had a crush on my husband when we were talking online before we met! But I couldn't say I was in love with him at that time!) You find it easy when you have their "undivided attention" online.

I hope you can see the effects this may have on your marriage if your husband finds out, and I hope that you decide to do what is best for you and your husband. It doesnt sound like the other guy has any intention of leaving his wife either, so it would be a waste to do something rash.

oci-lot

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm gonna say here what no one has said... Just follow your heart... Do what you want or feel is best for you.