Cats usually don't like rocking chairs, right?

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Because they move.

Maybe I should get one so I can call it "mine all mine"

What you all think?

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I had one cat who loved to sit in the rocking chair. But then I had another who like to sit under it so I ended up getting rid of it because I was afraid I would rock on her.

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My sister's cat Spanky LOVES the glider/rocking chair and the recliner that also rocks. My kitties have never turned up the chance to nap in our rocking chair either.

forensic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only part about a rocking chair I've ever found a cat to hate is getting their tail under it. My kitty sometimes climbs up into the office chairs and meows until we spin him around a few times... I don't think movement is an issue.

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Don't fall for that line of thought (that they won't like it cause it moves)...my kitties LOVE our rocker; so much that they aren't even afraid to run up the BACK of it, and knock it over, then continue to play on and around it... They love to knock it over at night, and I come out, nearly tripping over it, and they look at me like "not me..." yeah, right, it was all of ya... They also love sleeping on it; whether it's upright or not...

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It won't work! My office chair turns and rocks, and Abby has great fun with it. She runs across the room, leaps into it and sends it spinning and rolling across the room. When it stops she does it again until it's wedged up against a wall and then she cries for me to move the chair so she can do it again.

I've come to the conclusion that cats just want to be on or where we are, no matter what it is.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by c1atsite

Because they move.

Maybe I should get one so I can call it "mine all mine"

What you all think?
I assume you have heard the saying "as nervous as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs".

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

I assume you have heard the saying "as nervous as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs".
"As nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs," is how I've heard it. A Manx, for example, wouldn't be nervous at all.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zane's Pal

"As nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs," is how I've heard it. A Manx, for example, wouldn't be nervous at all.

thanks everyone. i'm not going to buy a rocking chair

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by faith's_mom

Don't fall for that line of thought (that they won't like it cause it moves)...my kitties LOVE our rocker; so much that they aren't even afraid to run up the BACK of it, and knock it over, then continue to play on and around it... They love to knock it over at night, and I come out, nearly tripping over it, and they look at me like "not me..." yeah, right, it was all of ya... They also love sleeping on it; whether it's upright or not...
one of your tabbies looks like my cat Daisy. now i'm going to find her and squeeze her

herbalheidi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

It won't work! My office chair turns and rocks, and Abby has great fun with it. She runs across the room, leaps into it and sends it spinning and rolling across the room. When it stops she does it again until it's wedged up against a wall and then she cries for me to move the chair so she can do it again.

I've come to the conclusion that cats just want to be on or where we are, no matter what it is.
that is too funny!

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good idea to not buy one - they're nervewracking with cats!
Peep adores to sleep with his neck under the runner of the large rocker. You always have to check to make sure he's not there when you sit down. He also likes to sleep on the little rocker since he knows exactly where to sit so even when you push it it refuses to rock.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
mine don't seem to mind. they love the new IKEA rocker - it's covered in hair. & Java likes the bentwood rocker, too.