Instant Coffee Recommendations

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to be heading to the store shortly and would like some recommendations in regards to instant coffees. What are some good brands, that are reasonably priced?

Thanks.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
General Food International instant coffee in the little rectangle tins are really good. Swis Mocha is the best IMO, but you have to use more than the recommended scoops to make it good.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't really like the flavoured coffees so my pick is always Taster's Choice original. I actually prefer it to brewed coffee.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maxwell House is the only instant coffee I'll buy. I tried Nescafe because it was on sale and it was awful. Very bitter and had an odd taste. So I now buy Maxwell House even if others are on sale for less.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I don't really like the flavoured coffees so my pick is always Taster's Choice original. I actually prefer it to brewed coffee.
For regular coffee (unflavored) I 2nd this one, its really good.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought a thing of Taster's Choice (medium roast) and a can of Private Selections Suisse Mocha.

Thanks for all the recommendations. I'm going to buy a small coffee maker in the near future. I like sipping on a cup or two when I'm doing my homework.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry but I'm 100% tea drinker - I hate coffee. DH hates instant coffee - he always makes a pot and will also drink tea with me later in the day.

I know a lot of people get the Folger's instant.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Sorry but I'm 100% tea drinker - I hate coffee. DH hates instant coffee - he always makes a pot and will also drink tea with me later in the day.

I know a lot of people get the Folger's instant.
I like tea (hot and iced sweet), too.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK - I admit it -- I'm a coffee snob. To me, instant coffee is an abomination.

That said, Medaglia D'oro Instant Espresso is not bad. Usually, I use it to cut the sweetness of sugar free hot chocolate ... or mix it into brownie mixes for a mocha brownie.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
General Foods International has pretty good instant coffee. I like their Cafe Francis best, but their Chai Latte is also quite tasty!

I prefer freshly ground or preground coffee myself but when it comes to instant coffee, those are my favs.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
To the Americans that drink coffee. Everytime i've been to the states the coffee served in diners, restaurants etc..is quite weak to how we have it in the UK, so is that how you drink it at home?.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Noooooooo I drink my coffee quite strong, strnger than most actually.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

To the Americans that drink coffee. Everytime i've been to the states the coffee served in diners, restaurants etc..is quite weak to how we have it in the UK, so is that how you drink it at home?.
I drink about 6-8 cups per day and I hate weak coffee. I've tried every instant out there and always come back to Taster's Choice. I drink instant because my hubby does not drink coffee and I just think it's a huge waste to brew a pot of coffee for one person and end up throwing half of it down the sink. I have 2 friends who are also coffee snobs -
they think drinking instant coffee is a sin.

At work I've switched the brewed coffee over to Van Houtte's 100% Columbian - they were using Maxwell House and I personally thought it was terrible.

I don't like Star Bucks nor do I like Tim Horton's - that probably makes me a minority.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

That's ok then because i had visions of me bringing over a jar of Nescafe Alta Rica when i finally visit
I have never had that, but if its strong, bring it!

Most diners here do serve weak coffee. I think most people drink it stronger than that (or at least the people I know) and then there are some that drink it A LOT stronger.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

It's lovely and strong
"Bold and intense" it describes itself. Not as strong as an espresso though, because that's too strong for me?.
Oh yea Im not an espresso person myself but bold and intense sounds about right!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

That, with some brown sugar and cream and a donut!
Sounds good to me, it sounds good for right now.