Baby books?

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am going to head to Borders sometime this week and I was just woundering if any one had any segestions on a good baby book? I know there are a ton out there, but I just thought I would ask if anyone knen of one that was really helpful. Thanks!

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pat the Bunny, Goodnight Moon, and The Very Hungry Caterpillar are well-loved classics. Babies love them because they are tactile and/or simple and comforting.

Our daughter pretty much ate her first Pat the Bunny book. She didn't want to give it up and she chewed and drooled on it until we had to toss it and buy her another. The second one held up better.
She loved all three books.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

I think "What to expect when your expecting" is a great book for expectant Moms
My friend sent me a copy of that while she was pregnant. She'd gotten two as gifts and loved it. She sent it to me a couple months before her baby was due, so I read the chapters pertaining to where she was in her pregnancy to kind of keep up with what was going on at that point for her. It seemed well laid out and informative to me.

Now as far as books to read to a little one, Good Night Moon was always one of my favorite books!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

I think "What to expect when your expecting" is a great book for expectant Moms
My sister also said that was a great book, guess I have to check it out. My friend gave me a book about nersing today. Thanks!

As for books to read to babies and ideas there would be great also! Thanks SwampWitch those books you listed were also some of my favorites as a kid. Nothing like the calssics. I really like the books that have texture too them.

While am on the subject of babies does anyone have an opnion of the Baby Enstine DVD's and CD's?

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Emy4cats

While am on the subject of babies does anyone have an opnion of the Baby Enstine DVD's and CD's?
My neighbor just gave us one. She had a few for her grandkids and said they loved them. Full of color and sounds.