Question of the Day Oct 5th

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another Halloween Question Tis the season....

Do you dress up to give out halloween candy?

I don't anymore but only because I live up on the third floor and very few kids make that far.
However when I lived at my other house I always has a witches hat and cap I wore for the kids when they were trick or treating...

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We don't hand out candy. We live in an apartment and no kid ever comes around here.

When I still lived with my parents, and was home for Halloween, I didn't dress up. We just handed out candy.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tierre0

Another Halloween Question Tis the season....

Do you dress up to give out halloween candy?

I don't anymore but only because I live up on the third floor and very few kids make that far.
However when I lived at my other house I always has a witches hat and cap I wore for the kids when they were trick or treating...
I used to have a Richard Nixon mask that I decided to wear on Halloween. I took it off when I found out I was scaring the children so much.

junior_j

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We dont celebrate halloween at all.. the kids dont tend to come in our drive not sure why , we have a 7lb minature dachund but she has like the bark of a dog to kill lol..

We usually get some sweets in and chill out!
Jess x

naia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't hand out Halloween candy. My cats are very nosy, and so when I open the door, I'd have to worry about them not going outside. I don't want to confine my cats to a room unless I really have to.

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I live out in the country and don't get any kids.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do, to a point. I'll do a white face make-up, then some extra heavy mascara and eyeshadow, black lipstick, and fill in some hollows in my cheeks with black make-up. Black shirt, a necklace of either a bat or a spider, dark nailpolish---just enough to make the kids take a second look.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kitytize

I live out in the country and don't get any kids.
Same here. There are 6 houses on our 1/2 mile dirt road, so no kids here. But even when I lived in town I would usually turn off the porch light and hide. The last year I was taking care of mom, she wanted tricker treaters so we left the light on and got a TON of candy....and only 4 kids showed up.
But, at least we had plenty of candy left for us!

DH and I did go tricker-treating with my neice and nephew a few years ago. We dressed up and had a ball!

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its our first year at the House so I do not know if we will get kids. I have a cat costume I will wear from last year. We never got kids at the appartment.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've never dressed up to hand out candy. We don't have a lot of kids come by on our street as most of the people are not home Oct. 31

DH wants to hand out scoops of ice cream to the kids tho.

oci-lot

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

I used to have a Richard Nixon mask that I decided to wear on Halloween. I took it off when I found out I was scaring the children so much.
Scarry! Any republican president scares me though!!!

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Yep! It is a tradition here; and, if DH can take the day off, he dresses up in his Rev War, 1st Continental Marines uniform, complete with musket (he made both the uniform and the musket himself!). I always wear a historical costume. This year, it;s an 1870;s bustle dress I am making. I already had the fabric (Walmart, $1 a yard bronze-brown taffeta that I bought to make tablelcoths with), and the ecru scalloped wide lace from ages ago, so it won;t cost anything to make. It will have very pale pink ribbon trim. It;s modelled on a dress that Francesca Annis wore as Lillie Langtry in Lillie. She was a redhead like me, and that dress was so lovely on her. (It;s in the scene where she gets dressed for a ball, and feels faint both at home, and at the ball; she discovers she is pregnant.) Now that my hair is long, I can replicate her famous chignon hairdo.

The kids LOVE seeing us dress up; we get between 150-200 kids. I also have an annual Halloween party, so I also wear the costumes for that.

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I lived in NJ & NC, I dressed up to give candy
And go out and get it
Once I moved to SC though, that stopped. No one comes to Rob's parents house to get any candy because it's set far back between 2 houses and is on a busy main road.

No one will ever come to our house either, I'm sure, considering only ~5 people live on the entire road, and it's rather dark off that road. Boo

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Oh my goodness, you just made me spit out my water I was attempting to drink when I read that
Those poor children

To answer the question though, last year I didn't dress up because I went to my sister's house for her little Haloween she threw for the kids.

This year though I'm doing a little Halloween party here at my house for my family and their kids so I may decide to dress up
I think DH has to work that night so he's going as a police officer

I'm planning to have a little pumpkin carving get together that day here and then to make all sorts of fun little appetizers/foods for that night - maybe some stuff shaped like monsters, and fingers, and weird things
That should be fun!

This will be our first Halloween here at our new house so i'm excited about that! There's tons of kids in the areas by our house so i'm hoping to have a good turnout! I've already got one little baby scarecrow on my door and a huge on to put out in the yard. I'm planning to get some pretty mums and pumpkins to put outside to decorate with too!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would give out Halloween Candy but my dogs get all bent out of shape, so I don't or else I would! I have handed out candy at my aunt's house though but I didn't dress up.