Funny Question

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Have any of you ever when no one is around just taken a quick swig out of the milk jug? I hate a cookie this morning and it made me a little thirsty but I didn't want to get a cup because I didn't want that much milk so I just chugged out of the bottle.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nope, the milk around the lip of the jug or top of the carton has dried on there and smells icky. Besides, it's really not that difficult to take two steps over and grab a glass.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Mother always told us that when you drink or eat out of something and then just leave it, any amount of saliva left behind, starts growing and multiplying
I dont know how true that is, but until this day none of us drink or eat out of container. When cooking and taste testing, we never use the same spoon either. Always a fresh clean one.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

My Mother always told us that when you drink or eat out of something and then just leave it, any amount of saliva left behind, starts growing and multiplying
I dont know how true that is, but until this day none of us drink or eat out of container.
Saliva - no, any bacteria that's in the saliva - possibly. But just opening the jug exposes it to bacteria, which is why there is an expiration date suggested after opening (for juices, too).

Originally Posted by SwampWitch

No, I've got autoimmune problems, so we can't do anything like that around here.
You could before everyone else in the house.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

No, I've got autoimmune problems, so we can't do anything like that around here.

You're such a rebel.
And cookies in the morning.
I was craving a lil something sweet.

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Not the milk jug... but the OJ sometimes
If i just want a quick sip and want to dirty a glass. I live with 2 men you should see some of the gorss things they do. Drinking out of the jug in the least of my worries when I get food out of the kitchen.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MonaxLisa

lol, I have, but Im the only one that drinks milk and I usually only have a half gallon in the fridge so I dont consider it to be too risky
That's how it is here. My SO isn't much of a milk man. So i usually just take a quick drink to satisfy my thirst.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No - honestly I never have. Saliva, etc. will go back into the drink. Even if you only wanted a little bit, you really should have poured some in a small glass

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
well... not the milk jug, 'cause i don't drink milk. but i've done that w/other containers of liquid. of course, i live along - the only person drinking from these things.

junior_j

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Opps in the past i can admit once or twice , but im the only one who drinks from that bottle , the others have different brand of milk lol

Espeically when i eat cookies i feel the need to drink some milk lol
Jess x

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by junior_j

Opps in the past i can admit once or twice , but im the only one who drinks from that bottle , the others have different brand of milk lol

Espeically when i eat cookies i feel the need to drink some milk lol
Jess x
btw, Jess - if you want a sig, post here: signature request thread w/links to your pix & one will [eventually] appear here: completed signatures

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Nope, the milk around the lip of the jug or top of the carton has dried on there and smells icky. Besides, it's really not that difficult to take two steps over and grab a glass.
That's me! I've never done it because I can't stand the edge of the carton. The paper ones just taste nasty, and both smell funny. Yet it doesn't bother me if milk pours over it, go figure!
I think this all stems from being in elementary school and all they gave us was those tiny milk cartons and no straws...

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by BelongsToEvie

I think this all stems from being in elementary school and all they gave us was those tiny milk cartons and no straws...
our kids get straws...

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No but then I am not a milk person...However I am guilty of taking drinks from water bottles and juice bottles and putting them back..I do live alone however so I am sure I am not contaminating anyone unless the cats are sneaking drinks when I am not looking...

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do, especially when I wake up in the middle of the night with a craving. When I'm half asleep, I'm lucky I can find the refrigerator much less a glass!
But, it's only DH and me here and I figure if there are any germs to be caught, we'll pass them to each other in much more...ummm...interesting ways.