We missed Ming Loy's Gotcha Day! (PIC HEAVY)

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
For some reason I had it in my calendar as Oct 4 - but in looking through her pics, we found out we actually brought her home Sep 27!

She was born with cerebellar hypoplasia, so videos would really capture her much better than pictures. The best way to describe her is that she looks like a drunk with parkinson's disease - especially when she gets excited about something. Her handicap doesn't bother her - though as a baby she couldn't control her muscles well, and we had to pad the entire house in foam.

We tried to contain her in a playpen in our bedroom. That lasted a few hours, until she climbed out of it.
She can't jump - but she can climb.

We had to move her into the separate room (though all the cats - except Spooky, of course - were great with her). But at night we didn't want to worry about her hurting herself, so we had to put her in the room. She always climbed under the cedar chest (despite the many boxes, beds, covered beds, etc). We'd open the door to check on her or in the mornings and say "Where's Ming Loy?" And we'd hear this thump as she got up - she'd wiggle out and come running (well, flopping) to us. When we were confident we had everything "Ming Loy" proofed enough (pillows at the bases of anything she might climb, thick foam rubber at the bottom of the stairs in case she just rolled down them, padding on the edges of all corners of walls and furniture, etc.), we left her "safe room" door open.

She had great fun exploring everything. And we'd call her - Ming Loy! - and she'd ignore us. I looked at Gary and said.... "I wonder....." and he said, try it. "Where's Ming Loy?" And she came running!
For the first couple of weeks (took a while to transition), she thought her name was "Where's Ming Loy?"

HAPPY BELATED GOTCHA DAY MING LOY!

Laurie

(I can't get photobucket to upload, so I have to use pics already on it).

She was so little - but had such a big head!

Our little baby spaz:

...but she was just SOOOOOOO cute with her "little bikini" as we call it ("V" of white on her abdomen, and a little strip of white across her chest)!

She was always moving!

....which is why we don't understand how she's turned into such a little tubba-wubba

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Happy Gotta day to your beautiful baby. She is soooo cute
Thanks for sharing her story and she is amazing.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Happy Gotcha Day Ming Loy!

She sure is a cute little wobbly tubba-wubba! (I'm going to have to use that term for our own little tubblet Mojo.
) And she's as lucky as you and Gary that she came to your home and family.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She's a gorgeous girl - especially her bikini
Happy gotcha day Ming Loy!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well she sure has grown, hasn't she!
She's such a beautiful girl!

Happy Gotcha Day Ming Loy!

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ReeRee has CH too! Aren't they the cutest!
He does things that make me laugh everyday. He runs like bambi through the house when he is frisky. He has super long legs and they fly in every different direction!

Ming Loy is soooo cute.
I love! love! love! black and white kitties.

Some people say that THEY are lucky they got such a good home because of their disability, but I think WE are the lucky ones! They are something special.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww what a wonderful family she has that has taken her in and cared for her in every way
Laurie, you and Gary are wonderful

Wheres Ming Loy
thats hilarious

Happy Gotcha Day Beautiful!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by fifi1puss

ReeRee has CH too! Aren't they the cutest!
He does things that make me laugh everyday. He runs like bambi through the house when he is frisky. He has super long legs and they fly in every different direction!

Ming Loy is soooo cute.
I love! love! love! black and white kitties.

Some people say that THEY are lucky they got such a good home because of their disability, but I think WE are the lucky ones! They are something special.
That is so true - and ReeRee sounds like such a cutie! Ming Loy makes us smile for some terribly cute thing - that if it was one of the other kitties would be so ordinary - every day.

Originally Posted by Pami

... "Wheres Ming Loy"
thats hilarious

Happy Gotcha Day Beautiful!
It really was hysterical! Even now she knows her name - she'll (usually) only come running if we call "Where's Ming Loy?"

Thanks for the happy wishes for our special baby girl!

Laurie

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

It really was hysterical! Even now she knows her name - she'll (usually) only come running if we call "Where's Ming Loy?"
So officially her name is Where's Ming Loy