Online employment applications?

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone ever had any success finding employment via online applications? I'm not talking about "Monster" or any of those type sites, but more like specific companies, such as Walmart, or a grocery store/factory etc. My instinct tells me that "in person" application retrieval would be much better than applying online, but what about now, with the price and availabiliy of gas??? Do you think companies even look into those submitted online?

Yeah, I know. But I can't think of anyone else to ask!

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have put over 40 of those in and never recieved a call.
Yet my sisters friend who was in jail got a job.
I think I would get a job if they let me apply in the store instead of online.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got my current driving job (Toys R Us) from applying online. Never set foot on the property until they called me in for an interview, just a couple of days after I applied. I also got a call from Target from my online application there.

At Toys R Us, you HAVE to apply online. Even if you walk in the front door, they just sit you down in front of a computer terminal and have you fill out an app that way.

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My guess here, is that it works a lot like it does for the jobs I've gotten from the Monster.com site (all jobs since 2000 have been from monster.)

You can't just submit a resume or fill out an app. That's a requirement of course, but you must start calling those places. If you really want to work there, fill the app out, call them repeatedly and if you REALLY want it, start going in until they either hire you or tell you to go away. Persistence is the key.

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I apply for jobs in the NHS Trust via the internet, and the most I get is an interview
I have had 3 of them since applying online, and was only successful with one until 2 weeks before my start date...they phoned me and said they were having recruitment cuts, that was a bummer!

It hasn't stopped me from applying for others though!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

taterbug

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

I got my current driving job (Toys R Us) from applying online. Never set foot on the property until they called me in for an interview, just a couple of days after I applied. I also got a call from Target from my online application there.

At Toys R Us, you HAVE to apply online. Even if you walk in the front door, they just sit you down in front of a computer terminal and have you fill out an app that way.
That's encouraging!!
Thank you!

Mews2much, I'll probably have the same luck you've had, but everyones thoughts give me the incentive to keep trying!!
Thanks everyone!!

monaxlisa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just filled one out yesterday (first time, also a place that only hires online (LL Bean)) and got a form e-mail telling me to call and schedule an interview. Maybe they do work!

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I applied for my last job online. I applied twice before I got it.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i think every IT job i have gotten in the last 12 years have all been online jobs.

Not from monster, all i keep getting there is calls about data entry, and help desk

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Every online applaction I have put in I got a call on and usually ended up with a job offer. I usually fill out the applacation and then wait about 2 days and then call the store and asked if they have found a chance to look at it.

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

i think every IT job i have gotten in the last 12 years have all been online jobs.

Not from monster, all i keep getting there is calls about data entry, and help desk
Just out of curiosity, where do you get your IT jobs from? Is it a particular website or group of websites (like Monster, but different) or just by applying to particular companies?

Thanks!

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes. I just started working at Dicks Sporting Goods and their application is online.

A lot of companies have started having only online applications.