Medicated anti itch shampoo

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone have a recommendation for an anti itch shampoo I can bathe Isis is to try and stop her itching? I want to try this but I don't know if the ingredients are ok for cats and I don't want to risk Isis' life for it... Here are the ingredients:
\t

Helps to decrease your pet's itching associated with allergies and other skin disorders. Soothing & calming! For dogs and cats over 8 weeks of age Saponified organic coconut, olive and jojoba oils, natural essential oil blend including naturally extracted lavender, organic aloe and naturally extracted rosemary as a natural preservative.

Does it sound ok to use on her?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I don't know, but hopefully someone will be around soon with an answer.

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I can't view the ingredient list, but ideally you would probably want something hypoallergenic and tearless (we all know how much cats 'love' baths!). I have found Therapet's line of shampoos to work really well in many situations involving allergies. I love the Blackberry lilac; I have really seen good results with regular use. There are many fine products out there though.

You will have to bath her regularly too, not just once in a great while, or when her skin gets itchy and flakey again; in order to combat the allergins and their results you need to keep her skin cleansed of them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by faith's_mom

I can't view the ingredient list, but ideally you would probably want something hypoallergenic and tearless (we all know how much cats 'love' baths!). I have found Therapet's line of shampoos to work really well in many situations involving allergies. I love the Blackberry lilac; I have really seen good results with regular use. There are many fine products out there though.

You will have to bath her regularly too, not just once in a great while, or when her skin gets itchy and flakey again; in order to combat the allergins and their results you need to keep her skin cleansed of them.
You use this on your cats with good results then??

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just about to recommend an oatmeal shampoo

What I use for itchy coats - Baby Johnson Oatmeal and Honey for Babies.
Though there are some other real "cat shampoos" that have oatmeal in them.

Good luck!

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abymummy

I was just about to recommend an oatmeal shampoo

What I use for itchy coats - Baby Johnson Oatmeal and Honey for Babies.
Though there are some other real "cat shampoos" that have oatmeal in them.

Good luck!
This won't hurt Isis if I use it on her will it?? She's recovering from open sores and still itchy so that's why I want to get her something to help with the itchies..

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I don't bathe cats with open sores. Hmmmm lemme think about it and also check to see if some of the other products I use are available in the US.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
no, no, no... yikes!
She is recovering from them. She doesn't have any open sores anymore. I checked her over throughly and unless she scratches one opened, her ouchies are healing well.
I just feel so bad for her because everytime I see her, she's scratching or biting at herself. So I wanted to see if there was a shampoo that could help her stop scratching.
I'm sorry if you thought she had sores that weren't healed yet, I guess I didn't word that correctly.