Just wanted to introduce....

erzsebet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Been on here for a short time and completely forgot to introduce my cockatiel's to everyone!!!!

Here is Phoenix:

And after he took his shower:

And here is Chaucer:

He loves his sweet potatoes:

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh I love them, look how cute they are!! As Katie said, I bet they are some characters, they look like it

mommysmeows

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
adorable
I gave mine to my mom. My mom would come over and that bird loved her and she would always make comments about wanting it - So... last Christmas she got a wrapped up bird cage with my bird in it. She laughed when I brought it in the house chirping

Lovely birds. Thanks for sharing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

erzsebet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

So, how do these guys get along with your cats??
They actually taunt my kitties bad

They will stick their wings up real high if the cats get too close and then they go running under the couch in fear of the big mean cockatiels!!!
The cats have learned not to go near them!

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My mom had a cockatiel and her cat was afraid of him
She would let him out of his cage to fly arround the house and land next to her kitty puff out his chest and strech his wings out and run straight at the cat.

Can they whistle any songs? Sunny could do the wolf whistle and he could make the sound are microwave made when it was done. He was really good at doing that when you put something in the microwave.

erzsebet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Emy4cats

Can they whistle any songs?
Yeah Chaucer actually has a thing for the Indiana Jones Theme Song. If you play it for him he sings along. And Phoenix will whistle anything that imitates whatever song is on at the moment.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, they are so cute! I used to have Cockatiels, one of them used to sing the theme songs to Andy Griffith and Gilligan's Island! He could also bark like a dog

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What gorgeous little boys! I love the speckled feathers.
Are they both definitely male, and if so, how did you tell? My little brother has a cockatiel too (most likely a male), but he was never socialized properly and is afraid of everything. He's gotten so much better since we've got him - you has stroke him without him making too much of a fuss and can stand close to him without him "huffing" at you. t a treat to watch him improve. I can't wait until he gets more comfortable - it sure looks like yours are!

brandi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Birds can only be sexed by DNA test, which is usually done when you have their claws or feathers trimmed. The test is then sent off to a lab and you have your answer with in 3-7 days.

erzsebet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Brandi

Birds can only be sexed by DNA test, which is usually done when you have their claws or feathers trimmed. The test is then sent off to a lab and you have your answer with in 3-7 days.
Yeah that's how we did it. We sexed them by DNA. But also the type of cockatiels i have are known as "pearl" cockatiels (it is a genetic mutation of the traditional gray cockatiel); hence the speckles. The males loose coloring after their first molt and become dull; but females keep bright spots and bright colors. So you can tell them apart by sight (if you are really good at it!!!)