henrys being naughty...

gothic~mermaid

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When ever we leave him for even an hour he will pee either on our clothes (if there happens to be somethin left layin around) or on the carpet by the front door

Its so frustrating, he will use the cat litter tray if we are around, hes a very clingy kitten anyway will panic if you just go to the bathroom quickly and leave the door shut, my hubby & I wanted time together last night but henry wasnt having any of it, you would have thought he was bein ill treated with the way he was howling

that all aside we are dealing with the clingyniss as best as we can, its the weein I cant stand, he is due in for his vet check this week, is it something worth mentioning to them?

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by gothic~mermaid

he is due in for his vet check this week, is it something worth mentioning to them?
Definitely, because that's one of the signs that there could be an infection. Can he not go sooner incase he's in pain

violet

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would still get proffesional advice because none of us are vets here, and i never advise googling when it comes to health for me or the cats
From the first article I posted for gothic~mermaid:

What should I do if I suspect my cat has separation anxiety?

The first step is to discuss the situation with your veterinarian and have your cat undergo a complete physical examination. It is important to make sure that your cat's behavior is not due to an underlying physical problem. For example, a cat which is urinating outside the litter box and/or doing a lot of howling may be developing a urinary tract obstruction or infection. A cat that is over-grooming may have a food allergy. Your veterinarian may recommend some tests including a complete blood count, a chemistry profile, urinalysis, thyroid testing, or a blood pressure check. Because separation anxiety in cats is just beginning to be studied, you may find it helpful to work with an animal behaviorist, who can help you to rule out other types of anxiety-related behaviors.
The link one more time:
http://www.peteducation.com/article....articleid=2372

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As Susan said, whenever your cat shows any abnormal behaviour, it's definitely time for a vet visit.

As for the bathroom issue, I haven't had a cat yet that liked a closed door. If I go to the washroom and close the door it had better darn well not be firmly closed so that the cat can push on the door to open it and come in.
Our cat Simba would sit outside and cry until I opened the door for him. None of these cats were particularly clingy - they just hate closed doors. Must have something to do with curiosity.

As for your "alone" time, we've found that if you just ignore the kitten they get the message they are not wanted and will disappear on their own.

tab

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

She already has two little red kittens
i think they had to go as her hubby wanted another henry. i may be wrong but i haven't heard any mention of them since that first pic thread.

if that's the case then after seeking the vets advice, i would get him a buddy.

junior_j

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah i would second another kitty if he hasent got anything medically wrong with him...

Jess x

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gothic~mermaid

When ever we leave him for even an hour he will pee either on our clothes (if there happens to be somethin left layin around) or on the carpet by the front door

Its so frustrating, he will use the cat litter tray if we are around, hes a very clingy kitten anyway will panic if you just go to the bathroom quickly and leave the door shut, my hubby & I wanted time together last night but henry wasnt having any of it, you would have thought he was bein ill treated with the way he was howling

that all aside we are dealing with the clingyniss as best as we can, its the weein I cant stand, he is due in for his vet check this week, is it something worth mentioning to them?
We have had Skye for a year and she still can't stand to be left out of the bedroom when my SO and I need some alone time. My best advice is to either turn on some music and turn it up a bit or learn very quickly how to turn the howling out. She is also the same way whenever I leave the room. When we first got Skye I worked nights and was at home giving her my undivided attention all day so now it's a big ordeal when I walk away from sight. You gotta remember when you brought little Henry home you assumed mama role and that's how he will always see you. The urination could definitely be a sign of an infection and should be brought up to the vet asap.