TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Punky rubbed off on me, I fried myself!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Punky rubbed off on me, I fried myself!

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
I electrocuted myself tonight.

Was trying to fix the computer, realized the problem was the power cord when I touched it & got fried. My hand blackened, but I've done worse before. Will see how it looks tomorrow & go to the dr if need be.

My hair will now naturally spike up!

I always wondered how on earth Punky kept almost frying himself, maybe he's as dumb as I am (sharky will confirm, he's a dummy ).

Why I didn't have half a brain enough to unplug the computer first, I don't know.

Please tell me I'm not the only one to have fried myself??
post #2 of 11
hmm yep your the only one lol
and please stop that before you really hurt yourself.
I kinda like you, and would perfer you stay unfried

when in indo, i used to get shocked all the time, there power sucks big time.
post #3 of 11
OMG Nat you're crazy. I'm glad you're OK.
post #4 of 11
I hope you don't try to repair the cord. They are only a few bucks and in my opinion nobody should ever try to repair something that has so much potential for fire/shock damage.

I hope you're OK!
post #5 of 11
Sweetie, you have to make sure it really is just the cord, and not the outlet! Please get a pro to look at it?
post #6 of 11
Thread Starter 
I wanted the cord unplugged so I was sure it wasn't going to spark or anything overnight, had a guy out this AM. All is now well in computer-land.
post #7 of 11
You crazy fool lol i agree we like you and would prefer you unfried if possible?

And no i have never been 'fried' but almost .. how dumb is this..

I have my bottom lip peirced.. and was fiddling with my laptop charger and put the charger on the pericing and tasted like a metalic taste in my mouth i was like this is weird , this i thought jess you dumb you conducting eletricity into yourself.. my mum almost died when i told her lol , yeah i think that was one of my worse choices lol..

Anyway be careful lol!
post #8 of 11
Oh I know the feeling of being fried all too well. When I was younger, I was just starting to get into playing guitar and my amp wasn't working right so I opened it up and took a look at it and realized that one of the wires wasn't connected properly so I pushed it back into place and I got a bit of a shock. My hand was numb for a couple days after that.

Another instance was when I was playing around with a power outlet in a house where the power was supposed to be turned off. I soon learned that putting a screwdriver into a live outlet is a bad idea.
post #9 of 11
I zapped myself pretty good a couple months ago, no blackening, but it sure was a jolt I was getting a new washer and dryer so I had to pull out the old appliances and clean the floor, well, I couldn't get the dryer unplugged all the way so my dumb butt grabbed hold of the plug to pull it out, the only problem was I touched the prongs in the process took me a minute to figure out I'd just been electrocuted
post #10 of 11
It's been a long long time since I have shocked myself like that. I have an amateur radio license, but I am not active in it like I used to be. Don't seem to have the time. However, many years ago I was working on one of my radio transmitters. This radio had a power tube amplifier in it. I had just been using the radio and decided I wanted to pull the tubes and check them, to see if they needed to be replaced. I opened up the cover to the power amplifier, that had a sticker on it with bright red letters that read "WARNING, dangerous high voltage inside". I put my hand in there and heard BANG, almost like a gun shot, felt this burning hot pain and saw a puff of smoke I looked at my hand that now had a small black hole burned into it. Lucky for me, that transmitter was not plugged in. For those who understand electronics, it was a very large capacitor that had discharged a few thousand volts into my hand. There was no electric current, so that is why I am still here. I don't know where my head was at the time but one thing was for sure, I never made that mistake again. Anytime I worked on that radio after that, it was grounded before I opened it up.
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by junior_j View Post
You crazy fool lol i agree we like you and would prefer you unfried if possible?

And no i have never been 'fried' but almost .. how dumb is this..

I have my bottom lip peirced.. and was fiddling with my laptop charger and put the charger on the pericing and tasted like a metalic taste in my mouth i was like this is weird , this i thought jess you dumb you conducting eletricity into yourself.. my mum almost died when i told her lol , yeah i think that was one of my worse choices lol..

Anyway be careful lol!

Sorry to laugh but you have to admit, it's funny


My ex husband is notorious for shocking himself. I can remember at least 4 times when he did it. Once, at work he touched the heater core wire and shocked himself so bad he chattered his own teeth and then another time on a roof he ran straight into the power pole
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Punky rubbed off on me, I fried myself!