Do You Have A "Jealous" Cat?

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whenever I'm paying attention to one of my other furbies, Geronimo will get so jealous that he'll "bully" the one I'm giving some lovin' to.
But it's nice to know that he loves me so much.

oci-lot

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah my Tootsie is a jealous kitty.... Whenever the little ocelot comes up with me on the bed and toots is on the floor she will start meowing and hissing and kinda moan i guess...
jealous...till i tell her to settel down or the little ocelot lets her have it....

zane's pal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Some of my friends have cats that like me. If I have been visiting them and have petted them, Zane is all over me when he smells them on me. Sometimes he is ultra-affectionate, sometimes he acts mad at me.

purrrplej

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

Whenever I'm paying attention to one of my other furbies, Geronimo will get so jealous that he'll "bully" the one I'm giving some lovin' to.
But it's nice to know that he loves me so much.
Simba was always jealous of time I spent on the Internet - he attacked the legs of the leather chair I sat in at the computer desk, so they are full of bite marks. He also doesn't like it when people talk on the phone, or talk to each other when he is in the room. He wants to be the focus of attention.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by purrrplej

Simba was always jealous of time I spent on the Internet
You mean like this?

That's Geronimo: he gets jealous too, whenever I get on the computer. Any other time he ignores me.

He also pesters me for attention everytime I'm in the bathroom.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jordan used to be jealous of Levi when they were young, but he quickly got over that. Now my Mr. Sensitive (AKA Isaac) is still a jealous boy. Some mornings no one is allowed on the bed with me except him. He chases off anyone else who tries to get near HIS momma.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mojo gets jealous when Earl and I are so rude as to try to snuggle each other instead of her.
We sometimes (try to) do that when we're watching tv at night or in the morning. She comes up and pushes her way between us so she's the center (literally) of attention. What a brat.
Good thing she's cute!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yes! Both of mine are jealous.

Chynna is much worse than Abby though.

If I'm giving love-bugs to Chynna, Abby will come up on the other side of me and rub up against me looking for some lovings too. But she is always weary as to where Chynna is.

With Chynna, if she sees me giving lovings to Abby, she's over by us like white on rice and she chases Abby away by sitting there glaring at her, and sometimes if that isn't enough she will chase her away.

Even in bed if Chynna is on the bed getting her night time cuddles if she sees Abby jump up on the other side of me so that she can lay against me and get some tummy and chest rubs, Chynna will chase her out. So to prevent that I usually have a book that I have propped up so that she can't see Abby.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rang_27

Some mornings no one is allowed on the bed with me except him. He chases off anyone else who tries to get near HIS momma.
THAT'S Geronimo, too!

tierre0

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sassy and Pixie are not jealous at all, but oh boy does Linus's nose ever get out of joint if I pay to much attention to the other two..Linus seems to be the baby of the family for some reason maybe because he is so small. He also get annoyed if Pixie and Sassy pay to much attention to each other and will butt right in between them...

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Latifah is my 'jealous' kitty...any time I am loving someone else, or doing something with the puppy, she's right there...

christine760

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Cuervo is our jealous one. If I'm petting Bacardi she will come over and muscle her way in and steal her pets. She gets jealous when my husband is rubbing my back too! She will come over and nudge his hand

oci-lot

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by christine760

Cuervo is our jealous one. If I'm petting Bacardi she will come over and muscle her way in and steal her pets. She gets jealous when my husband is rubbing my back too! She will come over and nudge his hand
You named your cats afterliquor... thats soo cool!!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When one of mine wants to me to pay them attention, they try to closer than the other to my head, pretty soon I have a cat on my head

audiocat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Forrest is the green eyed monster in this house. He's such a momma's boy and has to always be next to me. If I am petting Lilly he will try to run her off. He even tries to get between me and my husband. I guess he figures that he is the only one allowed to hug his Meowmy.

meowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kitty is still jealous of Holly. Kitty really enjoyed being an only cat, and Holly messed it all up. There is a lot of hissing, but its mostly love seems like.