Haunted house??

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Long story short DH and I lost our house so we are staying with his grandmother for awhile until we can get some debts paid off. We've been here a week and my cell phone and Ipod will suddenly go biserk and start doing weird things. If there was a spirit or ghost here it would most likely be DH's grandfather who passed away earlier this year. Can't spirits disrupt electronics?

oci-lot

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank goodness you have a place to stay.. and as for the ghosts...just stand up to them...be like HEY LOOK STOP MESSING WITH MY STUFF OKAY...ITS NOT YOURS AND ITS VERY RUDE TO USE MY STUFF AND TURN IT ON AND OFF WITHOUT PERMISSION. that should straighten things out...

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unless they damage them I would ignore them. It could just be them checking in on you and making sure you are okay if its an old family house. And I think sometimes they like letting you know they are there to mess with you a bit.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Like I said, if it is a spirit it's most likely DH's grandpa, and he's harmless.
An interesting story, I guess shortly after he passed this year, grandma woke up and came out into the kitchen to find all her pictures and things haning on one wall crooked.

bnwalker2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by luvmycat1

Like I said, if it is a spirit it's most likely DH's grandpa, and he's harmless.
An interesting story, I guess shortly after he passed this year, grandma woke up and came out into the kitchen to find all her pictures and things haning on one wall crooked.
John's grandmother passed away in April. She had Alzheimer's for the last three years of her life and was in a nursing home for the last few months of her life. But she lived with us for awhile before she was in the nursing home.

Since she's passed away, strange things happen quite a bit. The grandfather clock in the living room, that belonged to her, will open at random. Things will move from one spot to another. John says she's just straightening up like she used to do.

One day I was washing dishes and heard a voice in my ear say "Whatcha doin'?" Last week, John's parents and grandpa went to Florida. John and I were alone for the week but one day while John was at work I went into his grandpa's bathroom and again heard a voice say "Where is everyone?" So I answered and said that they were in Florida but would be back soon.

I know it's his grandma checking in on everyone. When something odd happens, I just say "Hi Nan", and go on about my business.

So if you think it's his grandpa, just say hi to him. He's likely there checking in, and probably making things happen so that you all will know he's there.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry to hear you lost your home, I hope things work out for you. As for the ghosts, if you were closer, I would come out and do some EVP and EMF readings there

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luvmy2cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AmberThe Bobcat

So sorry to hear you lost your home, I hope things work out for you. As for the ghosts, if you were closer, I would come out and do some EVP and EMF readings there
Thanks for the offer.
I suppose I could do my own EVP readings although it would be extreamly low tech.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i am really sorry to hear about the house

and no, since there is no such things as ghost.
they can not disrupt electronic things

junior_j

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Unless you can prove theres no such thing you cant say that

I believe in Ghosts

I swear we have one in this house , although its only 40-50 years old.. when im reading in the er bathroom.. the book gets almost batted out my hand , some times i feel a strange feeling/atmosphere and some times the animals will freak out for no reason..

:/ any who im going to bed soon so im not talking no more about the ghosty house lol.

At my nans(shes not my real nan but i treat her as she is) her husband died and after he died he kept turning taps on and off on and off , eventually nan got freaked out and called 'Please Ed i dont like it when you do that' sure enough he stopped.
Jess x

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Burn sage it will help cleanse the house!

I live in a 104 year old home that has a resident spirit. I think we had 1 other one cause that one was quite restless and noisy.