TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › I have a mouser on my hand.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I have a mouser on my hand.

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
So i woke up this morning and if Winston isn't with me i will look for him..so i did.. and i found him meowing outside the front door..(I guess he got out through a window) and there he is with a little mouse in front of him all proud...He picked it up with his mouth and put it back outside.. I just thought it was funny he was sooo proud lol but ya thought id share...
post #2 of 14
If he drops the "prize" at your feet, then you'll know just how much he reeeaaallly loves you!
post #3 of 14
We used to live next to an empty lot that belongs to the city, and after 2006 hurricanes, they let the area abandoned for a while, and we had an infestation of rats and mice coming from there.
My Suki used to bring us the " gift" of a mouse a week, but she made sure it was alive and healthy so we could have a lot of fun catching it inside the house..........................
It was just cute how she proudly brought them in ( we had a doggie door), and I guess she wanted to take care of the infestation all by herself.
post #4 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittKatt View Post
If he drops the "prize" at your feet, then you'll know just how much he reeeaaallly loves you!
Rocket must be head over heels for me, and frankly, it's wearing thin. This afternoon he caught himself a mourning dove. There were feathers all over my entrance rugs outside my back door. For some reason, he MUST bring all of his catches there to dispatch and devour them. Those rugs have got some nasty stains on them I don't even want to know what they are.
post #5 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by coaster View Post
Rocket must be head over heels for me, and frankly, it's wearing thin. This afternoon he caught himself a mourning dove. There were feathers all over my entrance rugs outside my back door. For some reason, he MUST bring all of his catches there to dispatch and devour them. Those rugs have got some nasty stains on them I don't even want to know what they are.

He's just gutting it for you, so you don't have to do the nasty job yourself.
post #6 of 14
wow, he must really love you!
post #7 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittKatt View Post
If he drops the "prize" at your feet, then you'll know just how much he reeeaaallly loves you!
haha, I've been there before-live and dead, Zorro will cry at the door with a mouthful of mouse, and if we dont hear him and let him in so he can give it to us personally, he will gut it and leave it as a trap for unsuspecting bare feet...
post #8 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oci-lot View Post
So i woke up this morning and if Winston isn't with me i will look for him..so i did.. and i found him meowing outside the front door..(I guess he got out through a window) and there he is with a little mouse in front of him all proud...He picked it up with his mouth and put it back outside.. I just thought it was funny he was sooo proud lol but ya thought id share...
My Alley is so afraid of everything that I oft wonder how she would react to a mouse but since she is strictly an inside cat, I guess I will never know.
post #9 of 14
Indoor only means nothing my friend! You can still end up with mice. Harley had a present for meowmy a few weeks ago....and yes, he's indoor only

Leslie
post #10 of 14
Well, then, Leslie, isn't it a good thing you have a cat in the house!!
post #11 of 14
Mack is an indoor cat and we don't have a rat problem, but we do have swarms of ants occasionally, and she likes to help us out with those. XD She doesn't eat or kill them, but she sits down next to the troup and meows and hisses with her tail thrashing about.... it's very intimidating. Like she's trying to scare the ants away..... without getting her paws dirty. XD
post #12 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by coaster View Post
Well, then, Leslie, isn't it a good thing you have a cat in the house!!
Of course. That's what cats are for.
post #13 of 14
When I had a house with a yard back in 2005 there was suddenly a dead mouse by the side of the grill. on the ground, lying on its side.

neither penny or daisy would confess to the crime. in fact, they pretended like it wasn't even there. but it wasn't there the evening before
post #14 of 14
I also have 2 "mousers" here as well, but in this case the "mice" are gophers (Luvbug) and Mice for Kuce. The guilty parties - Luvbug, the boy we rescued from the streets, and Kuce (our shelter rescue). Both are mostly inside and they both go outside supervised. Luvbug brought them home from the yard (and caught them while we watched - ICK.) He is so proud of himself and doesn't want to share with the girls - only us. The girls are impressed though. Kuce brought mice home for us as well.

LJ is working on it - no insects get past her too easily.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › I have a mouser on my hand.