base of cats tail

j fred muggs

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
is the base of the cats tail sensitive? i ask bacause all my cats love to have that area scratched, they roll there head buck and close their eyes and purr
but....we have a new little girl ,a amsrican shorthair, mixed heinz 57
black and white , stray when i scratch the base of her tail,on her back.
her tail curls like a cork screw, and she bobs her head up and down, like shes having a fit, but she likes it. strange little thing, or is their something i need to know about this spot?

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Is she in heat? My cats like to have the base of their tails scratched--especially with the furminator--but their physical reaction was different when they were in heat.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by j fred muggs

is the base of the cats tail sensitive? i ask bacause all my cats love to have that area scratched, they roll there head buck and close their eyes and purr
but....we have a new little girl ,a amsrican shorthair, mixed heinz 57
black and white , stray when i scratch the base of her tail,on her back.
her tail curls like a cork screw, and she bobs her head up and down, like shes having a fit, but she likes it. strange little thing, or is their something i need to know about this spot?
When I do that to Alley, she hunches her back way up as high as she can get it and starts drooling.

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some cats love their tail base scratched, some could care less! A couple cats where I work totally go in freaky mode when you scratch them there! Tippy toes with their back feet and front lying down, then they fall over into a roll and immediately jump back up for more! Even funnier is they are mother and son! Maia however, could care less!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Pixel - i can't decide if she likes it or not. recently, she does the 'head bob' thing, kinda bites at the air, then frantically begins grooming an area w/in easy reach - her chest, shoulder... my hand

siddymeowmy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
onyx, and sometimes zoe, will start licking uncontrollably when we scratch right at the junction between back and tail. we call it the "lick button". it's the funniest dang thing. they'll even stop as soon as we do, and resume as soon as we do. it's so fun

generic war

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mecha will get all excited when I scratch there, she'll haunch down and appear to enjoy it then she'll turn her head and bite you...really hard >_<

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

j fred muggs

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i wonder if its the cats "g" spot?
lil bit is fixed. you think that this could be a "sensual" zone
all 3 of my cats react, but not like this, the other boys, just throw there heads back and look silly

meowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
kitty does not like it, i suspect it has something to do with her having no tail. and holly likes it a little bit, but doesnt seem to care much.

othie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
the first cat I had (smokey) loved having that area rubbed. But oddly, since all of my cats have been the other way around, they will hiss, go down low on their feet and "crawl" away, or just turn and bite me. All the cats I've had since smokey have been male though, so I always chalked it up to that

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Meowers

kitty does not like it, i suspect it has something to do with her having no tail. and holly likes it a little bit, but doesnt seem to care much.
penny sort of likes that area touched but doesnt love it. daisy prefers it not to be touched at all.

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My sister's cat starts licking EVERYTHING he can can when you scratch the base of his tail. He goes crazy! He will stand there and lick the air if there is nothing in reach

aswient

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My Patch loves the base of his tail scratched. He licks and bites at anything he's around. I brought him to the Vet because he had a UTI and the Vet just by accident scratched the base of his tail and Patch went into his licking and biting mode. The Vet thought that was the funniest thing, and she sent in a Vet Tech to scratch Patch so he would do that for her