I didn't know where to post this one *Warning - Graphic Images*

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Folks, be warned that the "before" picture of this little dog is very hard to look at... but the story has a happy ending.

Breal, bless you and your shelter for saving the poor little girl.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There was one valid comment down there, though. Are you sure both photos are same dog? The "before" picture does appear to be a long-haired dog.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

breal76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrblanche

There was one valid comment down there, though. Are you sure both photos are same dog? The "before" picture does appear to be a long-haired dog.
Yes, it's the same dog. I have seen it almost everyday for almost the past two months. She was so discusting when she came in that everytime she moved her wounds would crack and more puss would come out. They gave her medicated baths for a couple weeks, then her hair fell (or what was left) fell out. They are still not sure if she will ever get a full coat again. The skin on her body is essencially one big scar.

She is happy and fabulous and will give you kisses all over your face.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She certainly is pretty in the "after" photo. Someone needs to replay to that post.

breal76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When I get home I will post all photos of her progress. I have forward them to my email there. It's quite amazing her story.

breal76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We just got a phone call from KATU news, they are coming out to do the story again to show people it's the same dog. lol...

mer636

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
that poor baby! I'm glad you guys were able to fix her up she is SOO sweet and to see her before broke my heart!

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That shelter is one of the best around! I should know...I volunteered there from Aug 04 to Aug 05. Although I never saw an animal come in like that, I know it was taken care of by the great people of MCAS.

I left a few months before the new cattery was built.

breal76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I left a few months before the new cattery was built.
Oh that's too bad, you should see it. It's beautiful! They play classical music for the cats (dogs too) and there are these nice fancy benches for people to sit on. It's one of the most relaxing rooms at the shelter!

fastnoc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a great story to come out of such a sad situation.

Inspiring to show what a good shelter can do for abused animals.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Folks, be warned that the "before" picture of this little dog is very hard to look at... but the story has a happy ending.

Breal, bless you and your shelter for saving the poor little girl.
Thanks for the warning, I won't be looking. I can't stand to see injured animals

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is amazing!

It's terrible she was in such bad condition but she looks so happy now and the amount of time and care the shelter took to bring her back from the brink is the kind of detication that gives me chills.
I hope She has a loveing home and the people who did that to her are charged to the fullest extent of the law!

junior_j

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Aww im so glad you guys helped her be back to full help , i have had dachunds all my life! and i cant image if my current one Janey was treated in any bad way , she is almost 5 now
and long haired too
she is actually getting kinda pudgy to ,

Jess x