TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › Site Help › Favorite Photo Sharing Site
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Favorite Photo Sharing Site

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 
What sites do you guys prefer for sharing your photos? I've found Shutterfly Share to be a good site to use since it's free and they don't reduce your photo resolution. Does anyone have a share site of their cats right now?
post #2 of 13
I use photobucket. That was what TCS recommended when i joined. it works really really great on here.
post #3 of 13
I think they're probably all good in their own way. i like Flickr because unlike photobucket they allow me to keep the original sizes. My camera takes pictures that are over 3200 pixels wide. but photobucket's limit is 1200 so it resizes them.

I paid for the pro service which was about 25 per year I think. I really like Flickr

Example. I cropped this photo down to almost half my max. But even so photobucket would have made it smaller
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3188/...d324f78d_o.jpg

Just a tad bigger than this if it were resized there
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3188/...18e0431f_b.jpg
post #4 of 13
I use Photobucket, as well.
post #5 of 13
I use Photobucket, and have had a "pro" account for a couple of years.
post #6 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcat View Post
I use Photobucket, and have had a "pro" account for a couple of years.
Me, three (or is it four?) I've never had any complaints about Photobucket.
post #7 of 13
I use photobucket for sigs and things to link here and flickr for my photos as I like to keep them full size and I like how flickr organises things
post #8 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by icklemiss21 View Post
I use photobucket for sigs and things to link here and flickr for my photos as I like to keep them full size and I like how flickr organises things
I've got a pro account at photobucket too. I haven't used it much, but I do like their set up too. I just prefer the flickr full size stuff.
post #9 of 13
I have a free account at photobucket as I only use it for linking to forums so generally everything is 640px max and I have never got close to the limit.

I also like how flickr resizes to several sizes
post #10 of 13
yeah. Don't get me wrong, there are things i dislike about Flickr. but for the most part they seem to be the best for me.

If I didn't have huge resolution pictures I don't think it would matter. But even before I bought this DSLR I had the same issue with my video camera when it took stills.

Second thing is I never checked but I bet i wouldn't be impressed by the compression either. I do a lot of graphics and that would really bug me.
post #11 of 13
Thread Starter 
I've used Photobucket as well, they're all great sites. Sites like Photobucket and Flickr make it convenient to link to photos. Shutterfly Share is different because it allows you to create a share site dedicated to an event, with journal entries and a calendar which you can update.
post #12 of 13
I us Flickr.
post #13 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastnoc View Post
I think they're probably all good in their own way. i like Flickr because unlike photobucket they allow me to keep the original sizes. My camera takes pictures that are over 3200 pixels wide. but photobucket's limit is 1200 so it resizes them.

I paid for the pro service which was about 25 per year I think. I really like Flickr

Example. I cropped this photo down to almost half my max. But even so photobucket would have made it smaller
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3188/...d324f78d_o.jpg

Just a tad bigger than this if it were resized there
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3188/...18e0431f_b.jpg
Shutterfly Share doesn't reduce photo resolution, so maybe that's your best solution. It will save you money too since the site is free!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Site Help
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › Site Help › Favorite Photo Sharing Site