The 2008 KatKwery Playoffs - 150,000 points!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday ended the six month long KatKwery season and we now have the best eight KatKwery players ready. Perhaps you are familiar with the game show "The Weakest Link". This has nothing to do with that but we do have eight players and seven are going to walk away with nothing and one lucky/skillful player will walk away with 150,000 points.

Only eight will be playing but many, if not most of TCS members can benefit from reading the posts in each of the threads that look like this:

KatKwery Playoffs - Round 1, Game 1 - Oct 3

Each of the nine games will have a topic directly related to TCS. Each of the ten questions will deal with the topic. That is why especially many of our newer members can benefit from tracking this contest the next 2 1/2 weeks. The links below will take you to the latest standings and to a page with information on how the game is played.

To our 8 players: It is important that you read the link below concerning KatKwery Information.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I have one question. Are the secret words tied to each question? That is, do I have to use a secret word in the answer to a specific question, or does it count if it occurs anywhere in my post?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldyCat

I have one question. Are the secret words tied to each question? That is, do I have to use a secret word in the answer to a specific question, or does it count if it occurs anywhere in my post?
As before, since the questions all address the same topic, almost any of the secret words could be used to answer any of the questions. Therefore, secret words are not tied to any specific question and you get credit for a secret word's use in response to any of the questions. I read each of the questions to DW and she gives me the first word that pops in her mind. In that sense, the secret word is tied to a certain question but that same word could have popped into her mind for any of the questions since the questions are all related.

If you happen to be on the same wavelength as DW you will definately have an advantage!

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

If you happen to be on the same wavelength as DW you will definately have an advantage!
Well, rats! Where is my ESP when I need it?