Question of the Day - October 2nd!!

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Not where i live now... but "Dawn of the Dead" was filmed in my hometown. It was fun to watch lol.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm.....NYC.....famous for alot of things, but if I had to choose one thing, I think I'd say theatre. BROADWAY, BABY!!!

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think my city is really "famous" for anything. Warsaw is the Orthopedic capital of the world. It is also the city that the documentary film American Teen (which came out a few months ago in theaters) was filmed in. Warsaw also contains the largest manufacturer of projector screens in the world and one of the largest printing presses in the world.

We also have 92 lakes in my county! So we have the most lakes in the state of Indiana.

I don't know if there are really any famous people from here, though!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our county seat was where "Lincoln learned the law". He would walk from his home in the next county east and borrow law books from a lawyer.

The other major town is famous for having been captured during the Civil War. The populace surrendered when they looked across the river and spied several large cannons. When they townsfolk saw the cannon seemingly abandoned, they rowed across and discovered the "cannon" were actually stovepipe and wagon wheel constructs.

cdubbie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Michael Phelps

Going to the parade at Fort McHenry for him this Saturday!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Memphis is famous for a lot of things- Elvis, Beale Street, Graceland, Sun Studios, Ardent Records, The Lorraine Motel (And the National Civil Rights Museum), The Peabody Hotel (and the Peabody ducks), Rock n' Roll, Memphis Zoo, St. Jude, Shelby Farms, The Pink Palace, BBQ, Rendezvous, Memphis in May Music Fest, The New Daisy Theatre (probably one of my favorite spots on Beale Street!), The Bigfoot Lodge (all true Memphis know about this awesome resturant
) Ruby Wilson (LOVE HER!!!!),BBQ Fest, Blues, you name it! Lots of great things to be had here!

(and depending on the part of Memphis you're in unfortunately...crime
)

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I had to google it!

Swansea gained national attention in 1985 when Mark Hoyle, a young hemophiliac who had contracted AIDS through a blood transfusion, was allowed to attend public schools. It was the first time in the U.S. that a student known to have the disease was allowed to enter public schools.[2] The case came to national attention around the same time as that of Ryan White in Indiana, and helped many young HIV-positive children attend schools throughout the country. Hoyle died one year later, and a new elementary school was named in his honor.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I live a couple of miles from an unincorporated community that has an interesting name; Freedom!

Other than that the other city I spend time in has this well known football team called the Green Bay Packers??

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My city was the first capital of NY. I live within walking distance of the first Senate house and lots of historical stuff (great for a history buff like me!)

The first town I lived in hosted Woodstock '94!