Baby Jack Predictions

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No kittens yet, but Jack's breeder said in an email today that she should have them in the next few days - ready to pop now

SOOOOO I figured I'd put my predictions in writing and then update what she does have and see how close I am (for the fun of it
)

I predict she will have 5 kittens (3 males, 2 females). The males will be one cinnamon and 2 cinnamon silvers. The 2 females will both be cinnamon.

TCS vibes for a safe delivery and the right sex/color/type for baby Jack, please

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
GK you know as a perfectionist I am not going to hazard a guess on colours without knowing at the very least the parents' colours, preferably the colours going back a few generations, and what the parents have produced in previous litters, either together or with other mates!!! If you could send me their colour loci DNA analysis I may feel comfortable with a guess (typical scientist
)

I guess they will be shorthaired and I think the probability is that they will be spotted tabbies, although that is not 100% certain given my limited information

And I want to see a pic of mum about to burst before I guess how many!!

(Are you excited? I guess you're excited
)
Hope she has a smooth delivery and gives you the kitten of your dreams

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ep,

I know, you and me love the genetics

Dad's a Cinnamon (doesn't carry dilute as he's been breed to dilutes and never produced any)

Mom's a Fawn Silver.

Anne says the only thing she will get is either Cinnamon or Cinnamon-Silvers - exactly the colors I'm looking for

I'll pm the email to you and see if you can pull up the attachment picture.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ahhh but you know you can't ever say for certain that he definitely doesn't carry dilute unless he's been DNA tested, just because he's not produced one in even hundreds of matings with dilutes just makes it unlikely but not impossible! Such is the mathematics of probability and random effect
This could be the litter that has fawns and fawn silvers!!!
In all seriousness I hope you get the kitten of your dreams with magnificent colour and markings
I have PMd you my e-mail address for the picture

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ep, remind me to slap you silly
Don't you dare mention that the litter will be fawn/fawn-silvers!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Ep, remind me to slap you silly
Don't you dare mention that the litter will be fawn/fawn-silvers!
well what do you know, not a fawn amongst them
You know me enough by now to know that I am a bit obsessed with mathematical probability and statistics and I'm never going to say something's impossible just on the basis that it's not happened yet, there's always that 0.001% chance of something completely unexpected

Got your e-mail with the photo and have seen your other thread about the kittens, I'm really excited for you

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
See told you he didn't carry dilute
While I was slightly off - I was darn close. There was 3 males and I got the exact colors (1 cinnamon, 2 cinn-silvers). Was wrong on the females in number and color.

Remember I predicted this a few days before it happened.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

See told you he didn't carry dilute
While I was slightly off - I was darn close. There was 3 males and I got the exact colors (1 cinnamon, 2 cinn-silvers). Was wrong on the females in number and color.

Remember I predicted this a few days before it happened.
LOL and I know a line of OSH that hid colourpoint for 2 generations of repeated matings and then popped out a 1:3 ratio of Siamese in the 3rd generation despite it being assumed that neither the stud or dam could possibly carry colourpoint, the thing that surprises me least in life (or at least in genetics
) is the unexpected.

You were pretty close, so glad the males you wanted were in the litter, now the hard part is choosing which one
Just be thankful you don't have 200+ colours in your chosen breed, I know I'll never get close to having all of the OSH colours I like best

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I agree - I have a few OSH colors that I really like; until I see a picture of another one to add. At least we only have 12 colors to choose
I don't know if you posted it but someone posted a picture of a stunning silver classic tabby OSH. If money were no problem, I'd have that cat sitting in my lap right now

As far as which one - when I talked to Anne, we decided I'd get the one that was the best male (show quality). She may keep the other (she's keeping the girl) or wait till the other litter with to a lavandar girl is born. She is looking for a replacement for Jack's dad so he can be neutered.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did see the photo of the silver classic OSH but it wasn't me who posted it, very stunning young cat and an amazing action galloping photo too! I have a solid blue and a solid lilac but I also love solid cinnamon, fawn, havana (ie chocolate or chestnut or whatever it's called in the US LOL); cinnamon, chocolate, or lilac bicolours; silver classic tabby; cinnamon tabby bicolour; lilac or chocolate torties; blue ticked tabby; black/silver ticked tabby; fawn silver (closest you can get to a pink cat when there's no tabby pattern
), and also having seen a photo of a seal/silver tabby (lynx) point Siamese I am quite taken with those too, despite generally not preferring colourpoint cats but that really is a stunning mix!

Good call if you want a cat to show try not to fall in love with one right now - I fell in love with Sonic with his too short face and too upright ears (but near perfection from the neck down if a little small, but as he is male that wouldn't work against him in the showring
) despite his breeder steering me towards his lilac brothers who have since both done well in shows, but Sonic was the one who fell asleep in my arms and he is so devoted to me that I know for me he was the right choice. Neither Nate or I drive so showing would only ever have been an occasional thing anyway - but if I'd had my heart set on showing, he wouldn't have been the right one and I know his more typey brothers would have loved me as much and I'd have loved any of the litter just as much as I love Sonic. Hard to think about now cos I wouldn't go back on my decision for the world, he's just the best cat, he adores me and the feeling is mutual, he's always right there next to me.

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Here he is! I have talked to a guy from Zeedaz cattery in Vancouver about an OSH, but as I have found a female mau I need to put my OSH fix on hold for a while.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stop teasing me

The fact that the breeder lives out of state and I can't really go "see him" - its not so bad to fall in love with the wrong kitten. But right now, that adorable cinn-silver face is kissable
I have to use my "critical" eye on the body/head as they grow in the next few months.

I want to see both sides of the body and head shots. Rest will have to rely on the breeder.