What are you planning? (Weddings)

whiteforest

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I noticed there are several people here in the process of planning a wedding. So, what are your plans? If you are already married, feel free to share as well.

We are still in the very early stages, but so far my colors are purple and green. Sort of a country garden party/midsummer night's dream type theme. We're having a lakeside evening ceremony, and outdoor reception in August (2010), with lots of hydrangeas, paper lanterns, white christmas lights, etc. So far that's all I have.

[Sorry if there is already a thread like this.]

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I've only been engaged for a week, but have done so much research already. I had a lot of planning done before we already got engaged, because it was already known we were going to get married, but didn't have the ring for it to be "official." In about a month we are going to look at the place where I would love to get married and have the reception. It's Castle in the Clouds, and it just looks so gorgeous from the photos! I also know who I want in my bridal party and flower girls and ring bearers. Other than that, we're leaving stuff till next year. We're planning a 2010 wedding, maybe spring or autumn, so we'll have plenty of time. I wanted to take my time to make sure it was perfect

meowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats to you!We are having our wedding/reception at Wente vineyards in Livermore. They do it all for you, love that! Our colors are purple and gold too. (I almost changed them because they are such popular combo, but thats what I love, so what if alot of others do to)Ive already got my dress, and it fit perfect, so no altereations. Its very cinderella like and strapless. I'm down to two choices in invitaions, and just about done registering. Yesterday I decided on my Maid of Honors dress, she loves it Im so glad.i really dont know what Im doing, totally not a bridezilla. So we are looking forward to meeting with the weddinmg coordinater from Wente to help us.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

whiteforest

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yam, I hope your location works out for you. It looks gorgeous!!

I'm also jealous you get a coordinator, Meowers. That has to be a huge help.

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by whiteforest

Yam, I hope your location works out for you. It looks gorgeous!!
Thank you
Yours sounds like it's going to be beautiful too! When I first stumbled across the website, I fell in love with the location. The view looks gorgeous and would be awesome for pictures. I really hope I like it in person. It's a tad on the expensive side, but it's worth it. I want this wedding to be perfect, and I want to feel like a princess. I feel bad for my fiance; I've been doing so much research and looking around that I think it's driving him crazy.

erzsebet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Our colors are going to be yellow and orange. Instead of having matching bridesmaid dressers I thought it'd be nice if the 3 girls picked a dress in the same color and length but the style that fit them best. I never really liked the matching dresses idea. We are planning on having gerbera daisies and tulips as the flowers. And we are ATTEMPTING to have the majority of the wedding "green". And its going to be in the fall of 2010. Other then that no major plans!!!

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

I recently updated my information on that thread, its so great to go through that older one to get ideas!

How are things coming with you, Courtney?
I JUST updated my part when I saw this thread!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The other thread overwhelms me

We have chosen our colours..pale blue and chocolate brown...we have booked the church and reception venue..I have ordered the dress..and we have a ceremony musician, our pastor, our baker, and photographer (I think
)

8 months and some to go!

I have been slacking lately with planning due to cashflow though

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

We have chosen our colours..pale blue and chocolate brown...
Those are really pretty colors.
I love chocolate brown. I want that to be one of our colors, but I want the other one to be a light pink. I don't think the fiance's going to go with that one though. I was also thinking a light blue as well, or even a light yellow. My friend had chocolate brown and orange, and it was actually really pretty.

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yam102284

Those are really pretty colors.
I love chocolate brown. I want that to be one of our colors, but I want the other one to be a light pink. I don't think the fiance's going to go with that one though. I was also thinking a light blue as well, or even a light yellow. My friend had chocolate brown and orange, and it was actually really pretty.
He can wear brown as his accent color instead of pink...
Or he can just get over it...lol

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My colours are fuschia and white. My fiance didn't like that at first but he has come around. I have almost everything booked. This is the church where we are getting married. http://www.standrewshespeler.ca/ I have some family friends that are ministers and that church lets you bring your own minister so my family friends are going to marry us.

Our reception will be at the Holiday Inn. http://www.cambridgeweddings.ca/vend...cambridge.html They include all decorations and centerpieces and the price of their catering is the cheapest I could find around here.

I have my dress ordered and my bridesmaids dresses. I wont post a picture of my dress but this is my bridesmaids dresses. They are fuschia with a white bow. http://www.dessy.com/dresses/bridesmaid/d401/

I still have to find a dj but I think I have decided on which one I want.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wanted my Wedding in a Vineyard but it would have been to far for alot of the people so we had it in a Hotel in Millbrae in the Sf Bay Area.
My color was Red. It poured heavy rain the day of my wedding and alot of people did not show.
I also did a tribute to my mom and had a pic of her there.
My flowers were Amaryllis.
I do have Picsif anyone wants to see.

zooy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My mother in law is hosting both the ceremony and reception. We know it fits people because she had her reception there.
No theme, but its the end of September next year so I guess fall. We're just going to have fall mums all around. No real flowers.
LOL our biggest expense is the liquor.

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We're getting married in October of next year. The ceremony is going to be outdoors at a gorgeous mountain lake (we're hoping for good weather!)

We've both ordered our dresses; they're scheduled to come in in 3-4 months. We're so excited!

Our colours are fall colors.... deep red, green, browns, yellows/gold... nice, earthy tones. My dress has a pale brown/tan accent on it, and we're probably going to do the girls' dresses in brown and dark red. For flowers, we're going with hocus pocus roses and sunflowers, with some nice greenery accents. Possibly some mums thrown in there (can't have a fall wedding without them!)

We haven't yet picked our reception site, but we're looking at parks. My cousin's wife will be catering for us, and we're going to be our own DJ's
I have a friend who's a graphic designed who will be doing our save-the-dates and invitations. We've hired an officiant.

It can be overwhelming, but we're taking it in small steps!

meowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Didnt even know there was another thread

Would love to see some of your wedding pics mews2much

I picked lilac for my color, but added green so my guy could have manly color to use too
Plus, it will be a nice accent.

As some of you know, I sell Mary Kay cosmetics and a director asked me to help out at her bridal faire booth this last Sunday
So i got to make some money and get ideas/vendors for my wedding. A florist at the faire is located close to my home, and her flowers were so lovely. Sunday was a good wedding day all around

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

whiteforest

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Meowers

Didnt even know there was another thread
I didn't know either. The other thread is so overwhelmingly long!!

Are any of you making your own invitations? I want to make my own, but I think I could end up digging myself a big hole.

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by whiteforest

Are any of you making your own invitations? I want to make my own, but I think I could end up digging myself a big hole.
My maid of honor and forever best bud is a graphic designer. She and I are designing the invitations together, and Jess and I will print them at home once she does the design. Cheaper, 100% unique, and professional! (I hope, haha)