Question Of The Day - Wednesday, October 1st!

pookie-poo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning! Here's today's question of the day.

When you are getting ready for work or school in the morning, do you prefer to listen to the news, listen to music, or just get ready in quiet?

I usually listen to the radio. I like the music, but I also get a quick update on local news and weather. If the weather is supposed to be yucky, I'll often turn on my NOAA weather radio to learn about snow storms or any other hazardous weather conditions.

cocoalily

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I listen to nothing since I'm much too tired to put on anything else in the morning.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I don't work, but when I'm getting ready I usually have the TV on in the bedroom, the bathroom is attached to the bedroom. I need noise in the house all the time until bedtime

oci-lot

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Complete and udder silence. IF my room mate bothers me...he KNOWS what will happen... because im not a very happy person in the morning....

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I used to listen to CBC Radio 2, before they eviscerated it. Tom Allen is great, and while his programme still had largely classical music, it was a wonderful way to wake up and get going. Since the beginning of September, the content has changed and it's mostly loud lowest common denominator c**p, with a constant banging rhythm track, and it makes me very angry very fast, so not a good way to start the day. Radio 1 doesn't provide much in the way of music
but the talk is worth listening to, news, weather and traffic are good, so that's where I start my day now.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do not work now because I can find a job here.
I listen to the Radio and the news comes on every half hour until 8:30.
The rst of the time it is music.
I also check the weather.

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I listen to the news unless my daughter gets the tv first and she watches some kid program.

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, the timing of this question is kinda spooky!

Up until last night, my answer would have been "definitely quiet, I can't stand the rabble in the morning!" But last night, I set up a second alarm clock to go off when I need to take my temperature, and this one just happens to have a radio alarm... So I started thinking, "Hmm... Maybe music in the mornings would be a good thing" and was just going to talk to hubby about it tonight!! Creepy... Are you reading my mind??

So we'll see what he thinks of it. If he says to try it in the mornings, I'll try it, but may instantly go back to hating dealing with that stuff in the early AM!

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like quiet.

Our ten-year-old daughter, however, is a morning person. She likes to come chatter with me and dance around the kitchen while I'm trying to think what to cook for breakfast and make everyone's lunches. I told her this morning she's sort of like having a yappy little dog circling my ankles and she thought that was pretty funny.

I'm NOT a morning person!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by DawnofSierra

I usually listen to the news getting ready then listen to music on the way.
This is me, too and like Helen, I always have noise in the house, always. (and lights)

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We usually get ready in quiet in the morning. The most noise is us talking to each other or the kitties. Then Rob pops on the computer in the morning while i make lunch and give Nero his Clavamox.

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I normally get changed for work quietly, as my sister's baby gets woken up easily. Once I'm downstairs I put the t.v on and watch the breakfast news until it's time to leave

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I turn the news on as soon as I get up. I go on the computer, and then watch the news, but mainly for traffic to make sure there's no accidents or other backups on the highway or roads that I take.