October Photo Contest - Scary/Scaredy Cats

Status
Not open for further replies.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
With the end of the year fast approaching, and since we want to be sure to be able to get the calendar up for sale through TCS's CafePress Store by mid-November, the last 3 months are going to be done fast and furious!

We're doing a new series of contests starring....YOUR KITTIES!

The theme for October is Scary/Scaredy Cats in honor of Halloween (even if it's not actually celebrated everywhere in the world
).

Rules: Only one photo per member can be submitted, but you can change your mind and post a better picture throughout the submission period. You must own the rights to the photo (i.e. if you didn't take the picture, it's not yours), it must be clear, not photoshopped (although basic altering, such as cropping, brightness, etc. is allowed), and applies to the theme of the month. No cats can be harmed for the purposes of this contest! Mildly annoyed, yes, but not actually harmed (pretty much goes without saying). The winner will be chosen through a narrowing down process by the site team to the top 10 submissions, and then a popular vote via poll by the members will choose our top 3 winners!

Please be sure to tell us the name of the kitty(ies) in the photo, for award/future purposes. The photo size should be 480x640 or larger so we can use the photo for print.

The prize will include, points, a custom signature and bragging rights for having the first, second and third place Ms. or Mr. October. The 1st place winner will also have a copy of the 2009 Cats of TheCatSite Calendar sent to them when it's finished. The calendar will include at least the top 3 place cats (possibly more depending on how close the votes are) from each monthly contest!

We also need to mention that winners may be asked to email full sized versions of the photograph to a moderator, and winning images will be used for future TCS projects made available for purchase to other members and the public (see above).

Deadline for submission is October 12, 2008.

All members, moderators, admin, and site owner are eligible for this contest.

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
This is the spookiest one I can find right now.
Goldy charging up her laser vision.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh goodness weve just started and their great already

This is the same one i've submitted in last month's contest but i think it's more appropriate for this one, so i'll go and change the other one

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Trent and Wickett

Now I've got to get a vampire pic of Riley!
I'll have to try and catch him sleeping, get the camera ready, and wake him up

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, help me choose! Which one of these do you guys like better?

My little elephant, Kojak

"Office Space kittah wants to know if you has seen his stapler"

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I need help, too ................

Kiko the big sacry lion ......

or Ducky ...

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think Ducky! He definitely looks scary.

The lion and elephant pics don't seem scary to me, so not sure how they apply to the theme

meowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the costume pics! that elephant one is so funny!My cats just arent scary, but maybe scaredy cat Kitty will do something interesting.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Chip's impression of an alien cat!

or this one - i call it 'surprise!'

ok, now help me decide!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AlleyGirl

The lion and elephant pics don't seem scary to me, so not sure how they apply to the theme
Since it is in honor of Halloween, I'm going to make the ruling that the costumed kitties can qualify as "Scardy Cats" - scared of what their Meowmies are making them wear!
Although I think Kojak is actually liking his costumes. Cats are strange...I would lose an arm if I tried that with any of mine! (Yup. I'm a scardy cat!)

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kiko the big sacry lion ......

OMG poor Kiko!!!
Pam you're as bad as me about dressing kitties up
I vote for this one- it's great

Originally Posted by valanhb

Although I think Kojak is actually liking his costumes. Cats are strange...I would lose an arm if I tried that with any of mine! (Yup. I'm a scardy cat!)
Kojak doesn't seem to mind me dressing him at all
I think he enjoys it!

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Since it is in honor of Halloween, I'm going to make the ruling that the costumed kitties can qualify as "Scardy Cats" - scared of what their Meowmies are making them wear!
Ok!

Maybe I can get Riley in a costume then
You'd think being a fluffy black kitty he would be perfect. But I can't get him to do one single scary looking thing

Status
Not open for further replies.