Smokin some meat....:)

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My boyfriend drove to Bass Pro Shop in Gurnee, Illinois this weekend to buy a new meat smoker. He got a great deal on it. Most places wanted $1,200 or more, plus $300 to ship it! We got it for $550, and picked it up for the cost of gas...$20. Plus, he opened a charge there and got 20% off too! So, this weekend he is going to be doing a brisket, and some ribs...

Anyone else have a smoker?

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought smoking could give you lung cancer

Seriously, my uncle makes the best smoked chicken that I have ever had

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have one. I know my brother has been wanting one ever since he tried some of my uncle's smoked goldeye fish.

Next year I want to move from where I'm living, and I want to move someplace with a balcony. I know I'll be buying a BBQ, and even gave thought to a smoker, but not sure how much I would use it.

Due to my inability to afford meat products on my current income anymore, I recently switched to vegetarian diet at home. Once I'm back on the payroll I'll be able to afford to buy meat and poultry products again, but I'm not sure I will want to because I'm actually enjoying a mostly meatless diet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

Oooo I would love a meat smoker.

Now you can call your friends and say, "Come on over and we'll smoke something."

Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Due to my inability to afford meat products on my current income anymore, I recently switched to vegetarian diet at home. Once I'm back on the payroll I'll be able to afford to buy meat and poultry products again, but I'm not sure I will want to because I'm actually enjoying a mostly meatless diet.
Well, you can smoke vegtables too! I made a killer smoked tomato, onion and jalepeno salad dressing with the smoker.

Yes I do love Bass Pro Shop...that is a good price if anyone's looking to buy one. It weighs like 500 pounds though. Good quality! I'll let ya know how the meat turns out.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We just have a small smoker - by weber it's their Smokey Mountain Cooker..what we could afford

My dh would DIE to have something like what you just bought..I'm drooling with envy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

We just have a small smoker - by weber it's their Smokey Mountain Cooker..what we could afford

My dh would DIE to have something like what you just bought..I'm drooling with envy
Christmas is coming! Find a BPS in your area and then open a charge for additional savings...even if it's not in your area, it's only (and I say only because of the competitors' $300 charge) $75 to ship!
(And, no, I'm not a BPS employee....lol)

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by menagerie mama

Christmas is coming! Find a BPS in your area and then open a charge for additional savings...even if it's not in your area, it's only (and I say only because of the competitors' $300 charge) $75 to ship!
(And, no, I'm not a BPS employee....lol)
Well my dh is trying to hold me to my comment that his new Piaggio MP3 500 would be his anniversary (our 13th is next week), his birthday (which is in early December) and his Christmas present. I can't believe I married a guy who doesn't like me giving him presents (I LOVE giving presents
).

So..this may have to wait for his Valentine's Day 2009 present
and I'm still buying him some small stuff for Christmas/birthday/anniversary...shhhh! don't tell him!!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a smoker, and to be exact, its the Big Green Egg. It's the best darn smoker out there (IMO), and can be used to do any wood-smoked cooking (think of wood smoked pizzas).

http://biggreenegg.com/

We have mastered ham and chicken on it, and are very close to mastering ribs. Brisket and pulled pork are a bit more challenging for us - they aren't as moist and tender as I'd like them to be.