*****KatKwery - Sep 30 - gotta play one more day!*****

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are headed into a photo finish! First, the results:

GoldyCat won for the 11th straight time (where are you hiding, Marianjela) by using the word couple. Catkiki used under and yam102284 used point. Not used were rat and close. Please make sure I have not accidently omitted anybody. Now is not the time for accidents.

Here we are, after six months and it comes down to this. We have Cocoa Cream and yam102284 tied but yam102284 must win and Cocoa Cream not win for yam to have the advantage. They will be playing each other no matter what.

Another tie exists, although not as crucial between BelongsToEvie and Catkiki.

Today's KatKwiz was about -ah, never mind.

These are the last five questions I will ask. Just in case there might be a KatKwery next year, I ask these questions. Your goal is still to use the secret words. Did you think any of the questions were to hard or too easy? Did you have any kind of accounting system keeping track of words used? Did you ever figure out that I did not always present the secret words in order of the questions? Do you realize there has been nothing like this kind of jackpot in TCS history? If there is a 2009 KatKwery, are you going to play?

yam102284

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi & Alley

Did you think any of the questions were to hard or too easy? Did you have any kind of accounting system keeping track of words used? Did you ever figure out that I did not always present the secret words in order of the questions? Do you realize there has been nothing like this kind of jackpot in TCS history? If there is a 2009 KatKwery, are you going to play?
Thank you

I think that some of the questions may have been hard, but the point of KatKwiz is to teach people about TCS. A lot of the questions I did not know the answers to, so it was nice to be able to find things on TCS that I never knew about. I never kept track of the secret words used during KatKwery. I started playing halfway through the game and actually made it up to the playoffs, but I never kept track. I just tried to use a lot of different and unique words in my post to try and guess one of the words. I realized that you just presented what the secret words were, and not in order of the questions.

If there is a KatKwery 2009, I probably will be playing. It was fun to learn other peoples opinions and thoughts on certain things, while discussing my own.

cocoa cream

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

These are the last five questions I will ask. Just in case there might be a KatKwery next year, I ask these questions. Your goal is still to use the secret words. Did you think any of the questions were to hard or too easy? Did you have any kind of accounting system keeping track of words used? Did you ever figure out that I did not always present the secret words in order of the questions? Do you realize there has been nothing like this kind of jackpot in TCS history? If there is a 2009 KatKwery, are you going to play?
Wow! The last KatKwery before the championship playoffs! I can hardly believe it! If asked whether the questions were to hard or too easy, well, I would say neither because there were not right or wrong answers. We just had to tell what we thought or what our personal experience was, so the difficulty of the questions was pretty subjective.

I never kept track of the secret words, or the ones that I won with, for that matter. I never really thought about it at all that much. As I've said before, this has all just been fun and games for me, so I have not put too much energy into figuring out a strategy or tracking words or anything like that. I also had not paid enough attention to the order of the secret words and how that related to the order of the questions.

I can imagine that this is the biggest number of points ever to be given away in the history of TCS. I guess alot of people have been donating points, huh? That's great!

Wow, 2009 seems far away to me, even though I know it's not really so long before a new year begins. I suppose I'll still be checking in on TCS next year, so I may just pop in and play if you host KatKwery again! But as always, I'll just take things one day at a time!

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you think any of the questions were too hard or too easy? Some were hard and some were easy, but that is the point of the KatKwizzes. Besides, if they were all easy, then what would we learn. The KatKwiz was supposed to be a learning lesson where we learned our way around the CatSite.

Did you have any kind of accounting system keeping track of words used? I didn't even think of keeping track to the words that were used. I just tried to use them.

Did you ever figure out that I did not always present the secret words in order of the questions? There was supposed to be an order to the words? I knew they were supposed to be related some way to the topic though.

Do you realize there has been nothing like this kind of jackpot in TCS history? This is the first game that I participated in, never imagining that I would be in the playoffs. But it does go to figure that this would be the largest jackpot in TCS history.

If there is a 2009 KatKwery, are you going to play? Yeah, sure.. It has been fun. And I would need to defend my place in the playoffs or if I win, my championship.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

Did you think any of the questions were to hard or too easy? Did you have any kind of accounting system keeping track of words used? Did you ever figure out that I did not always present the secret words in order of the questions? Do you realize there has been nothing like this kind of jackpot in TCS history? If there is a 2009 KatKwery, are you going to play?
some were too hard for me [or required too much math!] but others seemed quite easy. i like that there's a mix of difficulty level, tho. i haven't bothered to keep track of words used - altho, recently, i've been double-checking you since a couple of times you didn't catch my secret word use!
ok, i don't even care what order the questions or the secret words are in - i just answer them! i've never bothered to determine what the largest jackpot in TCs history ever was, so i guess my answer to that question would be "no". i don't know yet whether i'll play in 2009 - that's just WAAAAY too far in the future to say!

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
It's been said before, this was supposed to be a learning experience. Some of the questions had me stumped, but when the steps were explained it made sense. So, no, I wouldn't say they were too hard. Easy is good. Couldn't have them too easy.

I never kept track of the words used. I thought you were doing that.

There was an order for the secret words? I guess, if I thought about it at all, I just assumed that you gave them in the order they had been used in the posts.

Since I only joined TCS at the end of July, I was not even aware that there had been previous contests or jackpots. So the simple answer to this question is "no".

2009? Hey, whatever happened to 2005? Time flies when you're having fun. As far as playing KatKwery in the future, that's a definite maybe. It depends partly on when the contest is run. November through February are usually exceptionally busy months for me.

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

We are headed into a photo finish! First, the results:

GoldyCat won for the 11th straight time (where are you hiding, Marianjela) by using the word couple. Catkiki used under and yam102284 used point. Not used were rat and close. Please make sure I have not accidently omitted anybody. Now is not the time for accidents.

Here we are, after six months and it comes down to this. We have Cocoa Cream and yam102284 tied but yam102284 must win and Cocoa Cream not win for yam to have the advantage. They will be playing each other no matter what.

Another tie exists, although not as crucial between BelongsToEvie and Catkiki.

Today's KatKwiz was about -ah, never mind.

I hope I'm not too late! Can't miss the last one!!

Which questions do you mean? KatKwiz or Kwery? Well, either one, no, I don't think they were too hard. In KatKwiz, that's the point! Some were really hard (especially for me!), but the whole idea is to learn and expand your knowledge. In KatKwery, there's no wrong answer, anyway!

Hah, other than looking at the old threads on here, I have nothing! I don't subscribe to any threads, I don't copy and paste anything. I am lucky if I have time to sign on and play at all! And then once I get on TCS, I still want to drop in the other sections of the forums, so I don't allot KatKwery that much time.
I come on for the fun, the socializing, the sharing of opinions, and what I can learn from it! Not to win points or to even to win at all, though that is definitely icing on the cake!

I don't know if you could say I "figured it out". I did notice that you seemed to not, but some words were pretty interchangeable for the questions. And then some of the words I won on weren't even in my answers, per se!
My response, yes, but not really my answers...

I only realize there has been nothing like this jackpot in TCS history because you keep saying so.
To be honest, one thing that hasn't been covered in any KatKwiz or Kwery I've participated in, is other contests. Other than the gold ribbon hunt, I've never even seen any other contests. Unless you count the "today's tough trivia", but I don't know if they give away points or just gifts. Either way they are probably considered a game, too! Have there been other contests before KatKwery that are on par at all?

Oh yes, I will play! I kind of hope there will be one!!! But, for your sake, and for the sake of people's short attention spans, it's probably a good idea for KatKwery to take a break. I will surely miss it lots, though! And will bribe with more points if you even consider doing it again in '09.